This hits in all of the ways that loveless isn't able to

This hits in all of the ways that loveless isn't able to

Attached: 1453093490343521.png (1424x1402, 3.64M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U7BYeT1pe_k
youtube.com/watch?v=5G5YguuNSJg
youtube.com/watch?v=mtTqR9oZX6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=4KpLAHyASjo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>removes Pictures of You, which is the worst song ever recorded by any band
perfect

You're exagerating, but yeah, Pictures of You is by far the worst song on Disintegration
>well, yes, user, I do agree, I myself am too a scholar who thinks the best track is the title tr-
That's the second worst.

That and Lovesong

i like pictures of you a lot : )

I shall now ruin this band for you.

I remember being ...quite deep into a year long speed binge, surrounded by Qanon stuff and getting kicked out by the old lady I was with at the time and putting on Closedown and Disentegration (on a loop, for hours! at full volume) packing ma shit and cryin and singing along and then having to look up the lyrics and nearly stroking out at 'the aching kiss before i feed the stench of a love for a younger meat' realizing the lyrics have some weird shit involved and looking up an interview where he freely admits to lsd and drug use but that his real vice was something he couldn't mention. Anyways, ya, one of the best for the type of scenario I just described. Total demoralization.

Loveless is fucking weak compared to this

Are you fr my guy? He probably just meant he was doing heroin lol you really think he was drinking little boys pineal glands

Or he was cheating on his wife but probably not with a child

But then again if he was, that also puts Lullaby in a new perspective

I mean IO was kinda kidding.
But...
>'the aching kiss before i feed the stench of a love for a younger meat'
Does that lyric scream "heroin use" to you?
youtu.be/U7BYeT1pe_k
Trust me banging underage groupies was ...very common. Very common. Look up Lori Maddox and all that shit. That whole crew servicing Led Zeppelin and anyone famous blowin through LA.
I still listen to the music, I mean, wtf.
Michael Jackson's PYT is just a good song. I'm not endorsing any subtext there. Some of the tracks under the genre 'lolicore' are fucking crazy good. You just can't find anything else like it. Wish it was named something else but...not my fucking universe.
Point being:
I am here to spout information. You can do whatever you want with said info.
A snazzy tune is a snazzy tune and I separate the artist from the audio waves (and yes even lyrics) coming through my earholes vis a vis Reception theory anyways. I realize after years of this that the personae you see is not who ...anyone ...really is, def not a 'star.' So anyways where was I? Oh yeah, I dunno. I think it's a distinct possibility.
And I still think The Glove was one of the best things either band ever did.

youtube.com/watch?v=5G5YguuNSJg

Can't find that specific interview and sorta wish I hadn't brought it up. Now I feel gross. Bleck

He was fucking young groupies probably I guess. It’s not skulls and bones level

I have personally always found it a really bland, uninteresting, bloated album, though Pictures of You is a great song. I like MBV way more.

Well, if you become a Cure fan, “Pictures of You” is the only song you WON’T like.

Yeah —for years I didn’t know they were Cure songs—thought is was some shit pop band like U2 or something. When I got older (mid-late teens) & stated getting into music seriously — I got into Cure, Joy Division, New order etc… when I bought Desintigration and listened for the first time when these two songs started playing I was like… “I’ve heard this shit before in CVS, Walmart, Shitty Commercials etc”

Indeed. While Loveless is an amazing technological feat, it's music for music's sake, completely devoid of soul. Much of shoegazing suffers from the same issue, even in the more traditional pop melodies of Slowdive and the like.

Perhaps it is no coincidence that Wish, Robert Smith's response to shoegazing, is the first false note in the Cure catalog.

You wouldn't get it

lol what an unbearably pseud thing to say

this shoegaze song is a more soulful pop single than anything The Cure ever did: youtube.com/watch?v=mtTqR9oZX6Q

This is a better performance than any The Cure ever gave: youtube.com/watch?v=4KpLAHyASjo

also, Moz mogs Fat Bob

Loveless is extremely vague “sound” which allows the listener to project anything onto it. The musical equivalent of painting like Rothko—pretty much nothing but people will be like: the all black canvass is so deep and represents the totality of human emotion, or the red square is the perfect representation of love.

When loveless is analyzed there is nothing there. No actual lyrics, no good musicianship. Cool effects yes, but those effects obscure the fact that there is nothing of substance.

>for years I didn’t know they were Cure songs—thought is was some shit pop band like U2 or something
The Cure IS a shit pop band like U2