Does Any Forums still like Death Grips?

Does Any Forums still like Death Grips?

Attached: 0D8F66A2-2CA5-48BC-880C-B78720BE31A2.jpg (512x512, 37.37K)

niggas on the moon is their best album cry about it

Attached: not-this-shit_again.jpg (698x395, 121.87K)

I wasn't born in the 21st century so I never liked them

The run from NLDW > to the surprise GOVERNMENT PLATES drop > to the NIGGAS ON THE MOON suspense as the fanbase lay in wait for the esoteric "Pt. II" of THE POWERS THAT B was Death Grips at their absolute peak.
But 2011-2015 was goated in general –– a schizophrenic sound that sought to frantically assault music as we know it.

I'll throw STEROIDS a bone too since it's next-level in a lot of ways but... I just find 2016-2018 beyond boring. They bought into the meme too hard. The music insisted on itself. It became audio-spam idk.

death grips is good its just that they aren't talked about as much anymore since they haven't released anything for a while. if they do end up making another album people will probably start talking about them again

JENNY DEATH WHEN

yeah, I really like Bottomless Pit but Year Of The Snitch was really disappointing

i liked year of the snitch but i get why some people don't like it since its a different style from all their other stuff

imo the fans bought into the meme too hard. dg were doing their own thing but fans were mad they didnt do whatever it was they were expecting of them.
bottomless pit has grown on me over time and its got some great tracks on it. bubbles buried in this jungle, bb poison, ring a bell, 80808, houdini.
yots is one of their best imo, but releasing half the album as singles really killed any hype, though i feel that was deliberate. id hate my fans if i was dg too. you got mc ride screaming about being a manipulative abuser just to feel something and the comments are filled with 14 year olds saying "OMG THIS IS LIKE UNDERTALE ON CAFFEINE!!!"
i hope their recent twitter posts are teasing an album and i hope they stay completely silent until the day they release it. no expectations at all, just a whole album out of nowhere. cant be dissapointed by that right?

There were still some solid tracks on it like Death Grips Is Online and Flies but overall it's too unfocused compared to their other work

BOTTOMLESS PIT was... good. Great, even ––on a track by track basis. But they weren't really pushing it like I would've liked them to have after JENNY DEATH's monstrous beats and abominable distorto-noise.

Okay, so "Spikes" has hooks and "Three Bedrooms In a Good Neighbourhood" is catchy too... etc etc.

But we already had a THE MONEY STORE. The 2016 effort just doesn't have that sui generis staying power.
And YEAR OF THE SNITCH was just flat-out fucking boring at parts; this was an accusation you could never throw at EXMILITARY or the cyber-punk hellscape of NO LOVE DEEP WEB.

Their discography looms too large. The highs are too high. It's over. Let sleeping dogs lie.

they're still great, just been discussed to death
hopefully they actually drop something new someday

Yeah exmilitary is great, the other albums have a few good songs each. Funny how their best song is their first one

It depends on which rung of the infinite circle-jerk/anti-jerk cycle were on

The description i got for they is that Lister to their songs is the same of.putting your Head on a washing machine for an hour, like is that supposed to be good?

This is exactly how I feel about them too. "Beware" is just perfect for being so relatively simple.

Beware isn’t their first song

forever and always amen

yeah and by "niggas on the moon" you mean "exmilitary" right

Death Grips has always been shit