It's a movie/TV show set in the '50s

>it's a movie/TV show set in the '50s
>all the music is just rockabilly tunes
>yfw stuff like this album was actually much more representative to what normies were listening to back then

Attached: img884.jpg (500x500, 68.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cxxmQZEbeFk?t=48
youtu.be/X1jvAPKVBr4
youtube.com/watch?v=-XCvfy6Huyc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtu.be/cxxmQZEbeFk?t=48

Boomers were too young to listen to their parents' music.

They didn't have to listen to it voluntarily

Most 50s playlists were carefully curated by guys the Beatles' age who were teens back then so they just picked whatever music they liked. In practice this meant a lot of Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis, not so much their Aunt Sue's Doris Day records. It also meant such big names as Connie Francis didn't get on the list because they were too girly. It does create a distorted impression of what was popular at the time.

It was gay people that brought these musicians back to popularity

And country, that was huge too.

Christmas music was really fucking huge in this era. The Billboard top 10 featured a Christmas song every year from 1942 to 1964 except in 1952.

Rockabillys awesome stop talking shit

Attached: 7F63279C-7F1A-4C37-A3C7-7585BA9087D1.jpg (630x1200, 51.73K)

Music wasn't invented until 1965 with the release of Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited.

my mother was born in '54 and believe me she knows this stuff a little too well from being subjected to it in her childhood.

you have no idea what you're talking about.
bernard hermmann osts, classical, doo wop, exotica, lounge, Esquivel, fucking Andre Popp, experimental electronic. But yeah normies. Hm.
I think that this is what normies were listening to:
Lawrence Welk - Bubbles
youtu.be/X1jvAPKVBr4
Which I love. Reminds me of The Shining and caretaker. Add a little tempo wobble with Audacity and your JRiver media player, maybe a light echo at the end. good times.

Goodwill record bins ought to prove that much.

Vietnam movies always feature the usual 60s rock stuff even thought it was probably more likely that soldiers were listening to Johnny Cash than Jefferson Airplane.

Nigga it was Chuck Berry even Bob Dylan will tell you

Fellas, what was his song of the summer when he met kitty?

[spoiler]and what was kitty's? [/spoiler]

Attached: now-fix-it-photo-u1.jpg (650x650, 17.09K)

Ditto WWII and big band music. In truth by the time the US entered the war big band (which was mainly hot from 1937-41) was on its way out due to a combination of factors like changing tastes, musicians going off to war, difficulty transporting large touring bands around with wartime rationing, etc and country was starting to become mainstream. Ernest Tubb had a breakout hit with "Walking The Floor Over You" and pop singers like Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters started doing country crossovers.

Patti Page was part of the "new wave" of young postwar pop singers like Guy Mitchell, Tony Bennett, Vic Damone, Rosemary Clooney, and Teresa Brewer who weren't old enough to have been part of the big band era. yet impressively she had the decade's biggest selling record with "The Tennessee Waltz" which sold a whopping 6 million copies.

youtube.com/watch?v=-XCvfy6Huyc

this sounds like i'm in some shitty 50s bar drunk as fuck and on the verge of suicide

>It was gay people that brought these musicians back to popularity
say you what?

i swear Guy Mitchell always looked like he was coming to eat your face

Attached: 51279347d553a794b9b41164b86cff5b.794x778x1.jpg (296x296, 39.35K)