Instrumental rock

I'm a huge fan of post rock but just to broaden my horizons a little, I'd like some recommendations on instrumental rock that's more.. rocking? But not Kinsky cuz I already know them.

Attached: Link-Wray-Rumble (1).jpg (1138x676, 36.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NgAXpsFyYrM
youtu.be/JOKn33-q4Ao
youtu.be/8fahdNAyWlw
youtube.com/watch?v=4_zPv9H151k
youtube.com/watch?v=vTOozRAJ8dU
youtube.com/watch?v=WXBq89bf1o0
youtube.com/watch?v=s316I8euYuE
youtu.be/7l2MXNpmvdI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Neu! '75, such a great mix of ambient, driving instrumental rock and even one pre-punk track, it's a fav of mine

And So I Watch You From Afar

They used to be pretty big on Any Forums. They are usually lumped in with 'post-rock', but they're much more energetic and fun than your average post-rock band.
youtu.be/NgAXpsFyYrM

My soundcloud :)

Camel - The Snow Goose

I'm actually listening to Neu! right now lol.
Had the privilege of seeing them when they were awesome af but was disappointed the second time I saw them on their Al Hail Bright Futures tour.
Go on then. Give us a listen.
I'll check it out!

Oh, I also know Sleep.

TOO DOO TOO DOO TOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO

The best rock instrumental ever's probably "Maggot Brain":

youtu.be/JOKn33-q4Ao

But you've probably heard of it already.

There were some good instrumentals on the Rocksmith songlists, and they never got all that popular:

youtu.be/8fahdNAyWlw

here's some high tier kino, youre welcome
youtube.com/watch?v=4_zPv9H151k

i knew these guys when they were starting out and everyone called them and so I watched bored from the bar.
they had the last laugh on all of us by becoming successful and touring the world

agree with the maggotbrain suggestion.

Also, OP, most of the 'instrumental metal' I've heard I haven't enjoyed but seem to remember
buckethead, um...lol...animals as leaders? I can't remember was years ago. something like brainscanner or chimpscanner? Dysrythium??
Fuck I have no idea.
Blotted Science, oh yeah that was one.

Encyclopedia Mettalum may help you out (more) if you don't find what you're looking for here?

I dunno, I'm not mentioning the sludge or drone metal as I don't care for that too much.
"instrumental progressive metal", are the labelled genres of the bands I've mentioned.
GL

More rocking than you realize this one of the greatest rock instramentals in the History of Rock:
youtube.com/watch?v=vTOozRAJ8dU

This is one of the greatest guitar albums ever made and its all instramental and rocks very hard at times.
youtube.com/watch?v=WXBq89bf1o0

People are always posting instrumentals in the shillthreads. Why not give some of those a listen

lmao steve vai is so fucking corny I don't know how anyone can listen to that shit.

Check this album, two of the artists played with Steven Wilson

Attached: 689ee636b0d9eda7a824e228d231d806e.jpg (500x500, 86.3K)

nah. its pretty good actually. you are just a small minded idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=s316I8euYuE

Attached: download (47).jpg (233x216, 7.69K)

Jeff Beck
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Return To Forever (specifically Where Have I Known You Before?)
Brand X
Pat Metheny
Ai De Meola
Jean-Luc Ponty

Dysrhythmia

youtu.be/7l2MXNpmvdI

Attached: Beast-in-The-Field.jpg (350x350, 127.42K)