Bros what's a good middle ground between memory (I can't save all of my music in flac) and my music being destroyed in...

bros what's a good middle ground between memory (I can't save all of my music in flac) and my music being destroyed in a few years? I'd ask in Any Forums but they are all up their asses

Attached: 1637433491639.png (646x855, 104.63K)

>he doesn't have enough storage to save some flac files
the discography of your favourite artists (studio albums) shouldn't take more that 500 GB.
A 1 TB drive is cheap nowadays.

wav

You're fucked. Rotational Velocidensity induces generation loss even in "lossless" formats. All digital audio is inherently lossy due to the fact that sample rates aren't good enough to capture a continuous signal. You're better off sealing ferric tape in a magnet-proof vault for archival purposes than using FLAC. Fucking pleb.

>Rotational Velocidensity
oh wait did you really believe this? fucking lmfao

Remember the music and play it in your head
It's real though

burn the files to optical discs and then rip and re-burn them every decade, if placed in temperature controlled storage they don't suffer the same rate of loss as powered drives

128kb/s mp3s are fine

We will all be dead before mp3 files degrade enough to be noticeable

>It's real though
only to velociraptors

all of us real audiophiles are laughing at you

cringe, the average person can not hear the difference between flac and mp3 320kbps
the correct answer

enjoy your rotational velocidensity. must be nice being such a pleb that you can tolerate cymbals sounding like they're under water due to generation loss.

>rotational velocidensity
OP pls, this meme is stale

>real audiophiles
that get their information from copypasta and urban dictionary
yikes

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange...well don't get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren't stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you'll be glad you did.

cool story bruh

Attached: copypasta faggotry.jpg (790x343, 63.44K)

Do MP3 files actually fucking degrade over time or is this some weird troll bullshit? This can't be real? This is actually what fucking "lossless" means? Oh shit I am so fucking fucked lads

Yes, it's true. What the fuck else did you think lossless possibly meant?

Yeah my dude. I was just like you when I found out. Unironicaly stick to FLAC, might be a bit bigger but at least, you're sure your file is lossless.

It is real. I have some old mp3s from 2008 and they literally sound like 1900s gramophone recordings now. Always use FLAC