Russian Chart Making Continued

Lets make a Russian music chart, the one that already exists is gay and outdated. To do this, post five Russian albums you think the deserve to be on the chart, other anons responds with +, if you get five or more pluses for one of the albums, it goes into the nomination category, we'll see how it goes from there. It would be best to have the chart divided into genres (Classical, Folk, Post-Punk, Metal and so on). Please also provide links for other anons to check out the music (if available)

First part in the archive to see what albums are nominated
desuarchive.org/mu/thread/112416638/#112416638

Attached: russian flag.png (1200x800, 1.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nh2WqUwvH1A
youtube.com/watch?v=fe1adEtHMSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qvdZtGjVq4M&list=PLeSK3J3EA6RJuAg0e3g1inN3WPqgAQBKN
youtube.com/watch?v=EUMSs6OKm38
youtube.com/watch?v=sHukmvKJgoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AsD6obRd4Rg
youtu.be/7r_7mkxfUWc
youtu.be/FDvKaH3r88c
youtu.be/QvjvqHTHLMg
youtu.be/_ZBdIRGgfz4
youtu.be/n5ljhFxqE_I
youtu.be/a2IqshFdFeE
youtu.be/sA5YymZHWC0
youtu.be/Vyz96bLz29k
youtu.be/P9pnUvrEy24
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Auktyon - Ptitsa gets my vote as well

бaмп

Good russian music is extremely obscure and hard to find, you will never discover it and I won't give you any recs. Shit that you listed is surface level garbage. Well known russian music is centred around poetry rather than the music itself (which is secondary in terms of importance and it sounds like poor plagiarism of popular western stuff that influenced them), you don't know russian, you don't know russian mentality even if you translate russian lyrics you won't understand a thing. Russian music has only one purpose - to describe russian reality for its inhabitants, musical component (which is mediocre at best) is only the icing on the cake nothing more. There's nothing funnier than seeing westerners pretending that they somehow enjoy russian music, especially stuff like Tsoi, Aukcion, Sektor gaza, Piknik, Grazhdanskaya oborona as if this music somehow relatable to them.

Only 4 albums since some stuff I wanted to add is already added (+Tequilajazzz, by the way).
>Visokosny God - Kotory Vozvraschaetsya
youtube.com/watch?v=Nh2WqUwvH1A
Warm, cosy jazzy soft rock by a bunch of great musicians who sadly only recorded one album. May sound a bit corny, but is great nevertheless with its instrumental interplay and arrangements.
>Pioneer Camp Dusty Rainbow - Pleasant Bad Thoughts
youtube.com/watch?v=fe1adEtHMSQ
Russian take on grunge, great riffs, kind of reminiscent of Failure in terms of the mood. Top tier lyrics.
>Won James Won - Theorist Attack
youtube.com/watch?v=qvdZtGjVq4M&list=PLeSK3J3EA6RJuAg0e3g1inN3WPqgAQBKN
Really experimental paranoia-inducing post-rock stuff. The best track is probably World History, where surrealist lyrics are being vomited in an endless torrent over a minimal dark beat, but most of the album is dominated by the music, and the music is outstanding and varied.
>.crrust - You Came For The Everest You Will Find Your Way Dead
youtube.com/watch?v=EUMSs6OKm38
Some quality post-hardcore, good harsh vocals and frantic, energetic riffs.

Attached: topsters2.jpg (1606x736, 229.35K)

FUCK YOU VATNIKS
SLAVA UKRAINE!

>Implying that Auktyon is more about poetry than music
You are deaf and a retard, this is beautiful music.
youtube.com/watch?v=sHukmvKJgoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AsD6obRd4Rg

Also lyric based music can still be good I think most will agree that Nick Cave, Springsteen and Dylan put a lot of work into their lyrics but they still sell out stadiums across the world. Honestly just stop gatekeeping.

+for Won James Won, + for Visokosny God, + for crrust

Don't worry, we will do a Ukrainian chart, and a a Belarussian one, and a Baltics one (you seriously think Russian music enjoyers are some nationalistic pro-Putin shills?)

Bump with the little we have right now, here are the categories if people are interested.

Top row: Art Rock/Russian Rock with flavor
Second: Post-Punk and New Wave
Third: Prog
Fourth: Classical/Academic whatever you call it
fifth: Ambient/New Age/Drone/Atmo stuff
Sixth: 90s core (Tam-Tam, Izhevsk scene, all the cool underground stuff in the Rock department)
Seventh: Folk Rock/Bard Rock
eight: Film Music
ninth: Pop/Rokapops/Poptimist stuff
tenth: Russian music for people who can't get past the language barrier (aka stuff in English)

If needed we can expand for another two rows if some genre is missing. I guess Metal is one, what would be the other? Maybe like a mix of meme stuff and local (Tuvan Throat Singing, Russian Romances, Chanson, Bard Music)

Attached: topsters2.jpg (4100x3200, 959.08K)

instrumental so fuck your poetry
anyone can "understand" this without any Russian language knowledge

Attached: vesna.jpg (225x225, 8.58K)

or you could just partake in the cultural exchange and stop worrying about whether others "understand" and "appreciate" music in the same, objectively correct way that you do because there is no shared experience of music that is specific only to Russians.

Only have some more or less basic suggestions, though very interested in seeing how this chart turns out.

Artemyev with his work on Solaris, Stalker, and Mirror, ambient which shares well the qualities of Tarkovsky's cinema. Sparse, quiet, meditative.

Sacred Treasures is an incredible release of chant and orthodox liturgical music sung by a selection of Russian choirs.

Sure AL-90 doesn't need any description, but I don't see how it could be left out.

I'll + for Yanka from the last thread as well, Anhedonia is my preferred release.

Dolphin is post-punk/gothic rock of the cold, harsh variety, with hints of shoegaze on Junost it sets itself a part in Dolphin's discography and within this particular flavor of post-punk which so easily can become predictable and uninspired.

Attached: topsters2 (1).png (2989x428, 1.08M)

well aren't you cool and mysterious

I have pinkshinyultrablast on my phone, they are good. Or well, had. Deleted them since Putler's invasion

I love Grazhdanskaya Oborona and I'm going to keep listening to them, it's great and you can't do shit about it you pretentious mongoloid

wow. sounds like he's come a long way since Malchishnik

His Hip-Hop solo material is amazing too. Honestly one of the best non-American Hip-Hop producers. Like who else was putting Swervedriver and Dinosaur Jr in their Hip-Hop at that time and the lyrics (if translated) is basically if Lane Staley did rap (proto-Emo Rap?)

youtu.be/7r_7mkxfUWc
youtu.be/FDvKaH3r88c
youtu.be/QvjvqHTHLMg

And there is Duboviy Gay which was not only proto Nu-Metal but they had the balls to switch to Neo-Psychedelia right when the Nu-Metal blew up. Such an underrated figure in Russian music.

youtu.be/_ZBdIRGgfz4
youtu.be/n5ljhFxqE_I
youtu.be/a2IqshFdFeE

+ Russian Prog classic

>Duboviy Gay
Kek, gay

Its gay or guy don't know how to spell it correctly phonetically (its a Ukrainian word, kek).

Anyway I would like to nominate Komitet Ohrani Tepla aka The Heat Committee. I would say they are one of the best European Reggae bands of all time. Now before you write these guys off as some UB40 shit or wannabe Jamaican larp, the music these guys made is different. It is bleak, depressing as hell. They basically took the Reggae formula, added some Post-Punk and Soviet existentialism to fit their cold environment. These guys could groove for sure too. RIP Oldie

youtu.be/sA5YymZHWC0
youtu.be/Vyz96bLz29k
youtu.be/P9pnUvrEy24

Дeльфин этo кpинж
Гocти из бyдyщeгo - Зимa в cepдцe
Eгop и oпиздeнeвшиe - Cтo лeт oдинoчecтвa
Кинo - Чepный Aльбoм
Myмий Tpoлль - Mopcкaя
Oвcянкин - Meмeнтo Mopи

There already is Kino - Black Album
+ Mumiy Troll
+Gosti Iz Budusheo

Чecтнo гoвopя, ecть cмыcл дoбaвлять aльбoмы Лeтoвa тoлькo пocлe 90-гo гoдa, eгo coвeтcкий пepиoд чepeз чyp извecтeн и пepeoцeнeн, вce интepecнoe идeт пoтoм. Птицa Ayкцыoнa oтличный, нo пepeхвaлeн. Кaк я cтaл пpeдaтeлeм нaмнoгo лyчшe. БГ - Pyccкий Aльбoм пoнpaвитcя внe пpивязoк к языкy. Bишня oтличнo cлyшaeтcя, дa и для poccиянcкoгo cлyшaтeля звyчит в дикoвинкy (coвeтyю тoт aльбoм, гдe Шao Mяo, Caнcapa и Pacчecкa). Toт зaeбaвший aльбoм Myджyca впoлнe мoжeт пoдoйти для чapтoв, тeм бoлee мyзaч дo cих пop пepeпoлнeн фэнaми LCD Soundsystem. Maшнинбэнд пepиoдa Бoмбы и тoт втopoй кoтopый дo или пocлe вышeл, нo бeз тeкcтoв нe тaк тopкнeт. C Химepoй пoхoжaя cитyaция, нo я дyмaю, чтo энepгeтикa вce paвнo пepeдaeтcя. Кopoль и Шyт paнний мoжнo былo бы зacyнyть, нo пpoблeмa в тoм, чтo КиШ этo нe aльбoмнaя гpyппa, пo хopoшeмy кaждый фэн дeлaeт cвoй гpэйтecт хитc. Pэпчик: Дepeвo Жизни и Pитм-У. Mихэй - Cyкa-любoвь. Птицy Eмъ инocтpaнцaм мoжнo дaжe paди пpoдaкшeнa пocлyшaть, нaмнoгo бoльшe cмыcлa дoбaвить в чapт, чeм 4ПБ. Чтo кacaeтcя пocлeдних, yвaжaю, нo нe люблю, вce пoп aмбиции oни ycпeшнo иcпoлнили в Птицe.