EMO

What are they then?

Most people that believed to have had an "emo" phase thinks of those bands as EMO

Attached: Emo_Chart.png (982x156, 71.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MH7VRD3fJEw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

>alternative rock
>pop punk
>indie

Attached: blessedimage3.jpg (792x792, 31.45K)

>My Chemical Romance
>not Emo
Lol

Reformed Emo Cope. Just like when fans of bands which are clearly nu metal say
> __________ are not a nu-metal band bro.

when are we gonna stop calling them "nu"

false

I made a video explainer
youtu.be/MH7VRD3fJEw

>Zoomers not knowing about post-hardcore
This site needs age restriction

Post-Hardcore or as I like to call it Proto-Emo.

How is this venn diagram so retarded? What is it called when pop punk meets punk?
>implying the essence of punk is real emo.

>AFI
Pop-punk and they like The Cure or something
>Aiden
Pop-punk
>Brand New
Pop punk, but a SDRE tribute band so they might as well be considered Emo, and that's the general consensus afaik so this is a "real emo only consists" moment
>Bright Eyes
Are Elliot Smith, Jeff Buckley or Elverum Emo? NO. Well, neither Conor... Although he had some goth / scene mannerisms and tendencies, Elliot Smith too, Midwestern with a similar aesthetic to Isaac Brock for example
>C&C
Literally scene Rush, aesthetics don't change the music itself
>Dashboard Confessional
Pop-punk... but yeah slightly Emo
>DCFC
Indie rock / Folk, same shit as Bright Eyes, but even worse, because they have the 00's Indie Rock ensemble thing going on like Arcade Fire or BSS
>FOB
Pop-punk with Saves the day influence
>FFTL
Pop-punk, Post-hardcore sometimes
>FFAF
That shitty poppy Post-hardcore of the 00's
>Hawthorne Heights
Same as above
>MCR
1 and a half Post-hardcore albums, rest is Pop-punk made by Queenfags
>P!ATD
Shit... eh sorry, Pop rock, with scene shit in between, their 2nd album is almost sunshine pop, and now they make copyright free edm pop
>TBS
Same as Hawthorne Heights
>Thursday
Emo, the only reason they wouldn't be considered so is because the person who made the chart can't deal with their popularity, they have splits with Envy and Waterdown, they ain't no Paramore
>The Used
Poppy Post-hardcore with goth shit
>Underoath
Core shit

Everything is Emo though, Hayley said so herself

Attached: t2yupcy0p7891.jpg (845x953, 465.57K)

Re: Bright Eyes, Digital Ash In A Digital Urn is arguably an emo album. I've seen people argue that The People's Key is as well. Generally they're not though.

I only listen to real emo like Eminem, Slipknot, and Ted Nugent.

They were just corporate pop punk
Real emo is stuff like American Football, Modern Baseball and all the twinkly Midwestern shit

Don’t care, all shit except brand new and bright eyes

>Real emo is stuff like American Football, Modern Baseball and all the twinkly Midwestern shit
I think this is bait. I hope this is bait.

Tbh I'd say MCR's first album is emo, it's basically Thursday worship. TBS are textbook emo-pop, not really post-hardcore imo.

I'm 36, retard, I just don't listen to shitty garbage (either fake or real emo)

this is extremely autistic (and that's a good thing)

"Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness). Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music. Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta. Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE