>Slipknot
>Snot
>Disturbed
>Godsmack
>Drowning Pool
>Coal Chamber
>Papa Roach
>Crazy Town

Attached: 1563145078726.png (700x902, 313.96K)

What about Kittie?

>posting my cd collection from when i was 12
Stop stalking me, creep

all of them better bands than nirvana

Oh look, another thread where a zoomer who were barely alive at the time, if born yet at all trying to push this "only chads listened to nu metal" when the reality was the opposite

zoomers know who most of these are, they were relevant on radio in the whole 00s. definitely were barely alive when or at all when their early or peak stuff got released, but nu metal songs are still spammed to this day.

Nu metal was a dead trend culture wise by 2005, but yeah sure the bigger bands still got and still do get airplay (even if some of them changed styles and abandoned nu metal)

What does that matter though? The point is zoomers don't know how it actually was during its heyday because they would have been toddlers, they weren't in middle - high school and knew who listened to what during the time it was relevant and popular. Trying to push the narrative that nu metal was for "chads" is revisionist history coming from clueless people.

late 90's-2010 was a chad era for society so fuck it, deserves to be revised. You really want zoomers to revive the soulless, nuclear war fearing 70s-80s? I sure don't.

and by society I mean pop culture, real life has always had tradigies I'm talking about escapism. soul pop culture died by like... 2013-2015ish.

where is avril lavinge, green day, paramore, the strokes, and gwen stefani?

ya Nookie might've come out a full two years before I was born but you take your opinion and stick it up your [yeah!]. Nu Metal, Punk Rock, and Rap, I'd rather listen to than Can or Faust or Nico or Neutral Milk Hotel or Slint or My Bloody Valentine. I spent too much time listening to Any Forumscore, I'm listening to my boy V-Ice's Bipolar right now and it's a breath of fresh air.

Attached: 1627597881575.png (800x1000, 615.71K)

ngl the older stuff is kind of bland melodically and rhymtically, a lot of those 60s-70s prog wankers, not even joking, I can bump shit like Bizkit, Korn, Godsmack or Disturbed and it's fucking fun and goofy and catchy. the problem with old rock. It's straight to the point, and doesn't bore you with 20 minutes of 3 good sections and 8 mediocre sections that change every minute.

good bands!

>late 90's-2010 was a chad era for society so fuck it, deserves to be revised
Nah, you're just sounding like another zoomer romanticizing shit from when you were in diapers now. And its fine and all to LIKE nu metal. But all this zoomer LARPing as if they were the core demo and/or straight up making shit up about what the nu metal era was like is cringe as hell.

I can tell you two types of people made up the majority of the nu metal fanbase depending on the variety, because I actually lived it (and yes I listened to nu metal as well and know more about it than anyone ITT I'm sure) and those were A. redneck WWF fan archetypes and B. mallgoths. It wasn't some chad genre at all....it was for the smelly kids and the outcasts, that's how it was.
>the soulless, nuclear war fearing 70s-80s?
if you really think this had more "soul" than music from the 70s-80s, you need to listen to more music.

Attached: coal.jpg (400x621, 37.78K)

>no... 2003-2013 weren't years you experienced as you were 5-6 years old in 2003!! you only know 2015-present in life!

guess i'm not a 2000's kid. and who cares about whether it was cool or not, I like more music from the times I grew up with, and music in my lifetime as an adult, than I do some mediocre song that doesn't sound psychedelic and has 2 catchy parts then is boring for the rest of it (see: pink floyd, the doors, beatles, beach boys, and then bland 70s-80s scuzzy bands like ac/dc, twisted sister, def leppard, lez zeppelin). i don't care. 90s-present music is more my thing. sorry
>97 chad

>Zoomers are discovering my childhood music
Based
Also this list is missing Rage Against the Machine and P.O.D.

and I'm not acting like I was in the scene. I never was, but I liked hearing said music in public from family, radio, wherever as a kid. just like i did pop punk and emo allthrought the aughts. If I heard it, have memories of it, just like I did with whatever was relevant on television or movies or books i read at the time, it's a memory. Zoomer larping is kate bush and 70s bands, which they can love and grow a passion of, but trying to act like they can copying 80s trends if they grew up in the 2000's-early 10's is dumb.

People don't understand gen z at all. I see retards mention 2000's zoomers can't copy late 90s-mid 00's fashion styles, which they fucking can because their families and certain popular media in the 00s had that style in it so they know what the fuck it is.

When i was a child, they laughed at me for liking Limp Bizkit. Now that i'm an adult, I am the one laughing...at Limp Bizkit fans.

also i always found it weird how someone born in 87-90 can be counted as being a 90's kid and be able to like whatever was relevant in the decade they were alive in as a kid, but when it happens to a 97-00 zoomer, they don't know shit until 2013-present. I smell bias.

I know I'm coping but I'm sick of this shit. I know most of the 00s like the back of my hand, and I know i'm a bit of a 10s kid too, that's fine, but I'm a hardcore fan of 00s pop culture and aesthetics and graphic designs. It was boosted with creativity and fun. I won't let that die because of some millenial or gen x'er moving goalposts and then forcing everyone to bow down to anything before 91. fuck no

If you were a toddler in the 00s, no you didn't experience the subcultures that teens and adults were into. I'm a 90s kid and I don't run around pretending I was part of the grunge scene, because I was playing with Power Rangers at the time. This "WELL I WAS ALIVE" excuse is disingenuous and you know it.

Fact of the matter is, by the time you were coming of age nu metal was finished. I know this because I witness it die when I was even young, you're so far removed from it it doesn't matter if you heard some of the songs on the radio before. Again, it's fine to like nu metal, but you really just don't get it.

Also, you can like whatever you want but there is no accounting for taste, and your taste is garbage.