So the only use for these is playing shitty boomer blues licks, right?

so the only use for these is playing shitty boomer blues licks, right?

Attached: [email protected] (2560x1625, 527.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=szYJlUeb31I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only if you want to be boring. It's good for other styles.
youtube.com/watch?v=szYJlUeb31I

or any other kind of good music

Strats are worse. only good for cheesy boomer arena rock.

all guitars are only good for impersonating a boomer. go get a DAW and learn to make beats, it's a new century.

low quality b8

he's not wrong
anything analog is boomer stuff

And yet, no one has ever made a single good song doing this.

you can play any kind of music with any kind of guitar, none are inherently better or worse at a specific genre, that's a trick people play on themselves. i would go further and say gear in general doesn't matter as much as people think it does.

All the same, a Strat and a Flying V do have their own sounds and that does factor into what styles they're associated with.

>Gibson E3
>blues, 50s rock-and-roll
>Strat
>70s rock
>Flying V
>80s metal
>Telecaster
>country
>shitty metal guitars with edgy case designs and all black coloring
>buttmetal
etc, etc

no i reject that arbitrary classification of guitars. for example, the studio version of stairway to heaven was played on a telecaster, not a les paul like everyone assumes. strats are also popular for jazz/fusion styles, as are gibsons, even 'metal' guitars like ibanez... i think it's 99.9% about the player.

ah you know Tony Iommi always used Gibsons, right? he never played Strats to my knowledge.

Guitar is the most versatile instrument

>uhm acktually
nah i think on the very first day of recording black sabbath's debut his strat's pickup stopped working and he had to switch to the SG
although i can't picture him running a strat through his treble booster pedal, that would be more twang than a cheap pair of panties

You just need a Midi sequencer and you can even play saxophone sounds on it.

>Flying V
>80s metal
Ditto Albert King. But even though the Flying Vs sound more metallic, the main reason it became a staple of metal was its appearance.

go put on some Boz Scaggs if you want that "typical" Strat sound

Go do a 15 minute Jerry Garcia improv solo on a DAW. I dare you.

It's funny how Ibanez is so heavily associated with metal, but then you look deep enough into their production lines and they have a few guitars that look like Alembics Jerry Garcia would've played.

Wtf, when I posted , I didn't even see this post also mentioning Jerry Garcia. Weird.

samefag