What does Any Forums think about neutral milk hotel?

post your opinions

Attached: 61l4-R9awUL._SY580_.jpg (500x500, 81.16K)

Never heard of them

unironically not good.

incel music

Cool poster!! Wait, what's this plastic filler thing?

Go back

not bad at all, very far from the best album ever

Raw passion, soul transcendent music. Nothing but the love for his craft, and a novice as well as a master rolled into one.

never heard it, don't care

I literally used to post on Any Forums 10 years ago and the culture still hasnt changed one bit

curious

bazinga

i love jesus christ

low tier bait newfag

The greatest album I've ever heard
Unreal Passion & Beauty

Oh Comely might be my favourite song(post 2019)

It made me love jesus christ.

how do you get so filtered by such an accessible album? interesting

he's just a troll, filter his trip if he bother you

on avery island is superior

Are you kidding me? TWO NMH POSTS IN ONE DAY?

Looks like we gotta go through this shit again

>Track one
Right off the bat the guitar sounds like diarrhea through a tin can telephone during a fucking hailstorm. Horrible decision by the mixers. Vocals are mixed even worse, I get seasick listening to this track and I live in fucking Nebraska. Typical NMH lyrics "IF IT SOUNDS SURREAL AND OBSURD THEN ITS DEEP UHUHUHUUHHUHH"

>Track two
track one, part two! "Noise guitars good! So profound! My parents stopped paying my tuition when they found out my portfolio for art school was just Steven Universe fan fiction, but this song makes me feel better! Thank you Jeff for your deep "lyricism"!"

>Track three
"Wow! A saw being used in music? Gosh they are just so creative! Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all! Reddit will love this album!"

>Track four
If you thought the mix on track one was bad, then boy oh boy you better buckle up. Every time I hear this "song" my eardrums nearly burst from the first few seconds because of the TERRIBLE MIX. Honestly I would rather have Jeff jump out of the stereo and just beat the living shit out of me then listen to this two-headed abomination again. Fuck dude.

>Track five
So, to put this track into perspective, it was played by a guy named Scott who worked in a FUCKING PIZZA SHOP before deciding to leave his reliable nine-to-five job to play an instrument he had never touched before in some sketchy guys band. Predictably, it sounds like shit. Maybe "the fool" was Scott all along.

>Track six
Okay so now we're entering into the part of the album that really pisses me off. This is a song that Jeff wrote about Anne Frank. Look, jokes aside, if he was really touched by her diary then that's fine. I've read it and yeah, it's sad. But, fuck dude, I didn't proceed to write an entire song about Anne Frank being born with roses in eyes (theres that pretentious lyricism again) and being reincarnated as a Spanish kid playing flaming pianos. This song is filled with numerous inaccuracies about the life of Anne Frank and only furthered the spread of misinformation about her story. Who knows how much damage its caused?

>Track seven
It’s short, annoying, and doesn’t make any sense. Was the only place the could find to record the vocals in the public library? Fuck, Jeff, SING LOUDER. And next time, maybe give us a song that isn’t LESS THAN TWO MINUETS LONG.

>Track eight
OKAY WOAH NOT THAT LONG. This might be the worst song on the entire album. It further perpetuates inaccuracies about the life of Anne Frank, not to mention it’s OVER EIGHT MINUTES LONG. Seriously, if there was ONE filter on this album, it would be this song. Eight minutes of repetitive, whiny, “surreal = good” lyrics that don’t actually mean anything. People act like this song means something to them but I swear it’s like the emperor’s new clothes. I don’t think that anybody actually likes this song, but so many people have pretended to like it for so long for fear of not being made fun of. It’s sick. 0/10.

>Track nine
*yawn* wow it’s track six all over again. Next.

>Track ten
This is why I said I hated this side of the album. It’s like they ran out of ideas and just needed to fill the rest of the record with mediocre garbage. Who puts TWO INSTRUMENTAL
TRACKS ON ONE FORTY MINUTE ALBUM? I can’t listen to this song when I’m driving because the bagpipes make me want to drive off a cliff doing eighty through to air. This album just recycles ideas OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

>Track eleven
WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT RECYCLING IDEAS? That’s right, they took the worst song off of side A and made a “part two” on side B. Not that it really matters, it’s not like this song has anything at all to do with part one. The lyrics don’t contruct any narrative whatsoever. I’m left wondering what the hell Jeff is trying to communicate. And of course, as with the rest of this record, shitty production strikes again. Fuck this album.

I have a theory that this album was made as a sort of homage to Trout Mask Replica. Like they were trying to make the shittiest music possible just to see what morons would eat it up. Maybe Jeff is secretly a genius, and is sitting at home laughing hysterically at us trying to figure out the deep poetic undertones of “semen stains the mountaintops” Regardless, if you want a test of endurance, this is the album for you.