The Beatles are my favorite band, but I’ve always thought this album was trash. It has way too many filler songs...

The Beatles are my favorite band, but I’ve always thought this album was trash. It has way too many filler songs. I love the album cover and the high production value. You can tell they went all out with the maximalist aesthetic, but it just has too many weak songs.

Does anybody enjoy songs like Fixing A Hole or Getting Better? She’s Leaving Home isn’t a “bad” song, but it’s depressing as hell and breaks the flow of the album.

Attached: 38C4267B-320D-4575-B6AA-C6DBBFF72BB3.jpg (3694x3697, 1.82M)

My favorite tracks include Within You Without You, Lovely Rita, A Day In The Life, and For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite, but those aren’t enough to carry the whole album.

Magical Mystery Tour was always superior, this feels like a warm up to their best psychedelic work which usually happens when an artist shifts styles hard, they need to get adjusted first

>Does anybody enjoy songs like Fixing A Hole or Getting Better?
Holy shit I want to kill you

I kinda like Getting Better, but my favourite album from their psych era is Revolver

fixing a hole is based

It's funny, there really isn't much Sgt Pepper did that Revolver didn't, but everyone just collectively agrees that Sgt Pepper was some revolutionary thing that had never been done before

I love the first few songs (Sgt Pepper, With a little help from my friends, Lucy in the Sky) and a Day in the Life is a fucking masterpiece, but I've always thought the middle section of this album is full of filler too. There aren't bad songs, but there are no standouts either.

>Within You Without You
Holy based

Aside from TNK Pepper's has higher highs and weirder excursions (Kite)

I've always thought The Beatles were trash and this album is trash

Getting Better's one of my favorites from the album. The bass in that song's so fun

You had to be there, it was an experience, not just an album

I guess that’s what I was trying to say in my post. I respect the maximalist production value, the bright technicolor album cover, the elaborate outfits, the cut-out badges that came with the album, etc.

The music is kinda lackluster though.

>Fixing A Hole or Getting Better?
Literally two of the best songs.

That's why boomers loved it though, aesthetic was everything in the 60s

I adore this album, but I think there are 4 Beatles albums that are even better than it.

Unironically and i don't even gaf about the beatles. I do like to think that brian wilson listened to Getting Better on repeat and everytime that banging chorus bell sound hit his ears it drove him deeper and deeper into a schizophrenic meltdown. I say this as a brian wilson fan

kek source?

It was the first massive blockbuster concept album, inspiring shittons of prog, also sparking roots rock as an attempt to move away from its sound

The thing Sgt Pepper has over Revolver is the variety of sounds in a single song. Something like For the Benefit of Mr Kite, or the indian music in Getting Better, or Paul's Granny music insert in a Day in the Life.

Looking at Sgt Pepper, to me, Lennon's voice is the star of the show. He really adds something with his high backing vocals.