Why is discussion about Japan so rare when they're one of the greatest bands of all time

Why is discussion about Japan so rare when they're one of the greatest bands of all time

Attached: 6ohiR2R3gLAQV9DsJKd65d.jpg (1280x720, 325.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NjfRscn9hnY
youtube.com/watch?v=_DbXJHxRue0&list=PL08mtXN52-jpOOkrnsGmNDiK0DorjoZQh&index=15
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish I could look as swag as that

art of parties is such a fucking tune

i love david sylvian and also his music

Homo band

this

They mostly are shit, but their final album is good. Solo Sylvian mogs them into oblivion.

They don't get brought up as much their contemporaries in the new romantic sort of scene like Duran Duran because they don't really have that one single big mega pop hit that still gets played regularly on the radio years later, at least in America. They were kind of a minor band here and often compared to a 2nd rate Bowie or DD

theyre way better than duran duran. a lot more artistically innovative and conceptual with their work compared to duran duran's vapid pop

Ghosts is an all-time song but most of their other stuff is kinda whatever.

Gentlemen Take Polaroids > Tin Drum

Because you're the only one who cares about them you gay waifufag

I honestly think that david sylvian has the greatest voice of all time

The opposite of this.

One of my favorite bands. Sylvian's solo stuff is phenomenal too.
They developed such a strong sound over their few albums (after they dropped the lame "new romantics" schtick).
Karn's distinctive bass stands out so well. Never really appreciated bass until I listened to him.
youtube.com/watch?v=NjfRscn9hnY

Attached: 1659963605417.jpg (895x900, 116.36K)

Japan is a gem of a band, their last 3 albums, especially Tin Drum are kino

>Named themselves after a country not even some obscure literally who country like Malawi or Uzbekistan but Japan
dumbfucks

moshi moshi

Attached: David-Sylvian-by-Yuka-Fujii.jpg (890x488, 150.87K)

I think the name gave them a lot of attention/popularity in the country. Along with collaborations with Tsuchiya and Sakamoto.

Their Kyoto 1981 concert is goated, much better than the BBC Radio Broadcast concert
youtube.com/watch?v=_DbXJHxRue0&list=PL08mtXN52-jpOOkrnsGmNDiK0DorjoZQh&index=15
This version of Adolescent Sex is genius, way better than the original.

relax and swang
aaaaaand swaaaaaang

>named japan
>obsessed with china
WHAT DE FUCK