Styx

Why are they so underrated? Of all the 1970s giants they really don't get the praise they deserve

Attached: styx_ava_tucsonaz.jpg (960x423, 94.3K)

They're second-tier, Rush-grade stuff. Non-essential, but not bad.

I guess cause they kinda slumped real hard in the 90s-2000s but OP if you haven't listened, their newest album is a return to form. Prey good.

Styx sucked after my old pal JC left the band.

I recall hearing they were a critic punching bag through the height of their career for being 'cheesy and pompous'.
But I heard that from a YouTube video so take it with a grain of salt.

pieces of eight was only a 2 1/2 from rolling stone. and they left their souls on that album

their popular songs are horrible

>come sail away
>renegade
>Blue collar man
>lady
you could only make that point on post 1970's styx

I actually looked up critic reviews for all their pre-breakup albums when you said this.
Jesus FUCK RS really hated them didn't they?

Attached: StyxandStones.jpg (2677x174, 131.1K)

renegade is like the fucking peak of 70s rock. i don't like their prog shit, but i love that song. do they have any others like that?

Its fucked up... You can hear the effort they put in each song in their peak years and they still got shit on

Styx appreciation is welcome Brother

Hey. Rush is much better than Styx

You're gay.

They aren't really that similar imo

They're like REO Speedwagon and Cheap Trick.
Competent bands that always give good shows.
They're just not an A-level act.
Also, Dennis DeYoung was the heart and soul of the band. When he left, they became a Boomer nostalgia state fair act.

Their biggest hits were super cheesy stuff like Mr Roboto and Come Sail Away and thats mostly what they play on the radio

Its less cheesy than queens

Cheap Trick is much cooler than REO and Styx.

Rush fucking sucks

I haven't actually listened to much of their work, although I should. Fooling Yourself is a fucking banger.