Pretty torn on this. I love everything up until drones, and will defend the shit out of it...

Pretty torn on this. I love everything up until drones, and will defend the shit out of it. Simulation Theory was kinda weak but the songs were fun. And this has compliance and Won't Stand Down which are strong as fuck. But it also seems like this is the album where Muse gave up on good taste all togehter. Halloween songs? A shitty pop song named after a euro tourist trap? Fucking 3 different breakup songs? None of the songs here are bad, but they seem so out of ideas and playing so much for the pop angle. If generic pop is how they want to be they play it okay but generic pop is still generic.

Attached: ab67616d0000b27342c90d53e8c596285e8f59ff.jpg (640x640, 160.93K)

They've been generic since day one. Anyone who says otherwise is a pleb.

>Any Forums unironically discussing Muse
fucking abhorrent

Attached: 1661590238646.png (500x929, 228.5K)

it's three discord spammers trying to make Muse a thing

it feels like they've leant a little too far into trying to be anti-establisment while also being millionaire rock artists

Yeah, except it's anything but generic

so many songs sound like ripoffs

The funny part is this, this album is happen to be the best Muse album so far. Its soo overproduced that it actualy hides all the gimmicks that made me hate this fucking band. Finaly the loudest thing in the mix is NOT him inhaling, for example. So i could actualy enjoy this until it got old so around an hour top. Best Muse album, the rest is utter fucking garbage.

I love Muse. They are a big rock band. Nobody is trying to make anything as they are well established

The Good:
Kill or Be Killed (10/10) One of the best songs they have ever wrote.
Won't Stand Down (9/10) Heavy great song
Goofy but Fun
Will of the People (6/10) Manson meets Summer Time Blues
YMMFLIH (7/10) Just a strange but fun song. Love the organ and sweet guitar solo
Euphoria (7/10) Just a fun song. Good mixture of synths and guitar which is what I love most about Muse. Finally hear a good bass line which is missing from most of the album
Meh
Compliance (5/10) Just boring and obviously made for pop radio. Muse is good for one of these an album
Liberation (5/10) Feels like a jumbled song. Not really memorable except for the Queen style vocals
We are Fucking Fucked (6/10) Felt unfinished. Just felt like a end of session jam that was trying to be "Epic". I could see it being awesome live though
Bad Balads
Ghosts (2/10) Feels like it was Matts demo track. repetitive and boring, no drums, no bass, no guitar solo. Nice to hear piano though. The lyrics although touching just seem a little too blunt and cringey.
Verona (3/10) The synths were nice but the vocals seemed all over the place. The U2 guitar didn't work for me. I could see it growing on me though.

A return to form I guess. Certainly better than Simulation Theory but this album sits in the middle of their discography for me.

This board sucks. A new album comes out from a popular band and yet you come in here to shit on it. Enjoy reading the same shitty threads every fucking day. Even /r/music is better than this shit board.

best album since T2L, but that's not saying much

Why is Drones hated so much?

>Feels like it was Matts demo track
It was, Dom decided to put it on the album

Shit, I agree 100%. Are you me?
What are your favourite albums? Got a 5x5 or something? Honest question, interested to see if there's something I don't know and will like

Well that explains a lot.
Like albums of all time or just Muse?

>Finaly the loudest thing in the mix is NOT him inhaling,
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH OH MY FUCKING GOD I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT WHAT NON FANS THOUGHT OF THAT, THAT IS FUCKING HILARIOUS. I am dying! I love mat inhaling but jesus fucking christ

Attached: Laughing Nep.gif (235x320, 2.97M)

All time

Putting me on the spot here and I think my taste is probably pretty basic but some of my top albums are:
Judas Priest-Screaming for Vengance
The Who-Live at the Isle of Wight (better than Leeds)
Led Zeppelin-Physical Graffiti
The Clash-London Calling
Arctic Monkeys- Suck it and See
Muse-Black Holes and Revelations
Thin Lizzy-Black Rose, Fighting
Rush- any album from '74-'85

Like I said, quite basic. Im just a classic rock and metal guy

I really liked Muse when Matt was young and didn't know what the fuck he was doing and relying purely on his own instinct, the world has corrupted him as these other genres seeped in that he wants to copy for his own amusement

the hook to Euphoria is the same as the Time is Running Out pre-chorus

Drones is well written and badly produced, 2nd Law is badly written and well produced IMO