Joanna Newsom

Describe her fan base. Is it entirely gay men and mentally ill women, because that’s been my experience.

Attached: 0952288B-2AC0-4C45-9D5F-5A1B8C5CBC54.jpg (527x640, 80.96K)

i have never met a joanna fan irl, might be a city slicker thing

Gay men and bpd art hoes yeah but also the kind of nerdy women who like knit and sew their own clothing. Also obnoxious tenderqueers who misinterpret her lyrics to think she's singing about ~gender identity~

No it's also white right wing chads (me)

yes gay men who also listen to julia holter, weyes blood, and fka twigs

I listen to just about anything. You can assume whatever you want but that doesn’t make it true.
I’m not gay and I’m not going to stop listening to certain types of music just because others say it’s gay. The doing whatever you want attitude is just about as straight as it gets.

Andy Samberg and his BJC

It's almost entirely gay men (bottoms), trans girls and art hoes. They all also listen to Bjork, Kate Bush, PJ Harvey, Tori Amos, Regina Spektor, Julia Holter, Weyes Blood, FKA Twigs, Sophie, Hikaru Utada and Ringo Sheena

>nerdy women who like knit and sew their own clothing
I've been part of the joanna fandom for a while and A LOT of her fans are like this

Regardless the baseline literary comprehension of her fandom is embarrassingly poor if her reddit and this dumb podcast is anything to go by. Nothing triggers my internalized misogyny like these two broads thinking a song like Occident is soooooooo hard to interpret.

Attached: 10410174-1617564141216-1f140e4b55ee1.jpg (3000x3000, 630.41K)

this is me but i'm vers and old and have been following the Holy Trinity since the mid-90s

Attached: 1625027244085.jpg (667x467, 131.14K)

i believe both of these girls are in literary-related academia, one an assistant professor and the other a PhD student

indie landfill shit. only good thing is her ass

I always assumed they were stemlords based on their inability to recognize themes or the significance of them (at points they stupidly wonder whether repeated imagery is "intentional" or not), their frustrating insistence on solely dissecting her lyrics line by line, song by song (HOOM is endlessly referential and they missed so much as a result of this) and just generally poor literary comprehension (they once completely ignored the presence of a colon, for example, which was significant to the meaning of the verse).
When one of them mentioned discussing feminist philosophy with her "class" I was honestly taken aback. During the Kingfisher series they spent like half an hour hand-wringing about how they didn't know anything about literature and that made analyzing the song sooo intimidating, which would be embarrassing even without careers in academia...The last episode I listened to one of them had to look up the word "breaching". The failures of our education system, etc., etc.

can i get a qrd on this podcast? is joanna on it?
>frigid, "smart" female musician has surprisingly huge boota
joannabros, why samberg? WHY

SPOTIFY WHEN

yikes. these are all exactly the types of things i'd expect them to pay closer attention to. i listened to a few episodes and hated that "omg this is so deep and so much work" overachieving good-girl attitude (which is exactly why they are joanna superfans). i see they've been doing Sapokanikan for about 6 episodes now. the idea of listening to them share stories of feminist, post-colonialist awakenings in washington square park fills me with dread

when i was on line to get the monkeypox vaccine two guys in back of me were talking about her.

I saw the singer from Thirsty Merc at one of her shows.

>thirsty
yeah that fits

>The meadowlark and the chim-choo-ree and the sparrow
Never turned some shit off faster in my life

Attached: be8.png (501x550, 274.04K)