Why do they try to claim credit for things that america did (for instance inventing punk)

why do they try to claim credit for things that america did (for instance inventing punk)

Attached: 1651282787008.png (1200x600, 23.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qN5zw04WxCc
youtube.com/watch?v=5r998weOUiM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they did it better.

youtube.com/watch?v=qN5zw04WxCc

Attached: My Generation.jpg (225x225, 13.27K)

Rock is important to their culture despite being fully American and they need something for themselves
There’s also the long-standing “grime/drill isn’t hip-hop” cope

brits are lucky they can ride america's coattails, their media would be utterly irrelevant if america didn't make europeans learn english

Das righ blah peepo invenid ih

because New Rose was issued in May of '76, you nonce and the Ramones never even approached the magnitude of that track even though all their other songs are better than the Damned's

We don't speak dutch here sir.
What happened to Britian in the 90s and 2000s? They were making some pretty great rock music before then. The only good british rock band of that period was pourcupine tree and frost.

>Invent an entire country
>Can't take credit for the inventions of that country

youtube.com/watch?v=5r998weOUiM

Attached: lou reed yearbook.jpg (522x875, 64.46K)

>because New Rose was issued in May of '76
October 22, '76.

profound insecurity

projecting

taking their empire away and embarassing them at suez mentally broke them i think

>cope
nobody here is insecure about our musical legacy

They needed to take a break after 3 straight decades of BTFOing Americans at their music

It just turns into an endless loop of what garage rock/proto-punk song or band started punk. The reality is the largest immediate influence in the explosion of garage rock circa 1965/6 was The Kinks. While maybe more seminal, The Velvet Underground and The Stooges were born out of this scene. Those two bands (and The Rolling Stones) would be the biggest influence for the New York Dolls, who would be the biggest influence for the Ramones. But while the Ramones may have beaten the British punks to the punch by a few months, their influences were no different than say The Damned or the Sex Pistols or the Buzzcocks and their debut album was initially a nonentity in both England and America. It was actually the British bands who were the primary influence of the second generation punks and who were primarily responsible for the fashion. So it can't be said that any specific band or country invented punk.
I doubt you've listened seriously to The Damned if you believe that.

Nations are hopelessly broad abstractions anyway. Not a single person in this thread can take credit for the talent and work put in by successful artists. If you feel pride for what someone else did, you're compensating for your own lack of accomplishment.

Attached: mb-khanmidgethockey-271118_2500kbps_852x480_1382210627823.jpg (852x480, 20.28K)

Who would want credit for creating p*nk?
I'd probably kill myself if punk was my fault.

/thread
As you were, dazed and confused
LG x

sure buddy

Attached: 1659635441435111.png (2000x2102, 189.8K)

>>/r/eddit

>talks about riding on the coat tails of others
>gets defensive when you point out it's projection

Attached: pepe (1).jpg (1200x675, 91.65K)