OK let's make a cool boomer guitar riff. Sounds good...

OK let's make a cool boomer guitar riff. Sounds good. Let's back it up with the most generic boomer rhythm section possible. OK sounds good. Now let's work out some lyrics that fit over top of this as awkwardly as possible while also not really saying anything interesting or important. Ok. Almost there. Let's do that again but make sure the delivery is unbearable to listen to. OK great work Lester Bangs is going to write a beaming essay on the quality of this and Bob Dylan will recommend it in his next interview. Truly I am one of the greatest songwriters of all time and not just some hack who is living off of The Velvet Underground's legendary status for the rest of my life.

Attached: download (8).jpg (225x225, 9.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t1Am45JrwQ4
youtu.be/OPmFV7Kr9DM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My girlfriend is cheating on me and I just drank a monster pure zero and made this thread instead of cleaning my house

Berlin is cool because its actually literally my relationship and Bob Ezrin forced Lou to try and sing properly when it was conducive to carrying a good melody. And also because the focus on a concept kept Lou's lyrics literal and prevented him from getting lost up his ass writing stupid "poetry" like "put jelly on my shoulder" or "my eyes hit my knees"

Street Hassle (the song) TVU&N > TVU > White Light > Loaded > Berlin > Transformer > New York > Coney Island Baby > Street Hassle (the album) > the rest of his discography which is full of gems watered down at a 10 to 1 ratio by unlistenable ass

Actually I wish my relationship was like Berlin. My girl is a junkie whore but at least the bitch in Berlin is just a massive whore who fucks everyone. My girl just keeps fucking this one guy who she has feelings for and then runs back to me and says she's sorry and she loves me more and would never leave me and doesn't want to be with him but then I catch her fucking him again next week Christ I fucking hate my life

>Christ I fucking hate my life
You clearly hate yourself more than you hate your life to keep on living it. Kick that shit to the kerb user.

I want you to explain EXACTLY what a 'boomer guitar riff / rhythm section' would be. With a vague description like that it could apply to literally any guitar or drums before 1980.

But Lou hit peak boomer riffage in the 80s. All his riffs are AC/DC style chord riffs.

hey guys how about for this song I just brag about how cool I am and how cool it is here in new york living my life over the most insultingly basic music possible, why yes I am a genius thanks for asking

Well I mean its not like I'm just getting cheated on for no reason. I'm dysfunctional and abusive and she's stayed with me for years and I'm pretty sure if I can somehow turn things around she will be loyal and stay with me forever because she was extremely loyal up until a few months ago when she met this guy who actually reminded her what it's like to not get screamed at and pushed onto the floor every day lol what can I say bro of course I hate myself I'm a total lowlife scumbag I will never find a girl this good again who cares if she's an alcoholic and cocaine addict who rolls out of bed at 4pm just to watch TV and smoke weed

What did he mean by this
youtube.com/watch?v=t1Am45JrwQ4

Lmao bro good luck sounds like you're living in hell I recommend taking up boxing

What is the most bitter music about failing relationships that is actual good music like Lou Reed's Berlin and Marvin Gaye's Here, My Dear and not like some horrible metalcore shit like Converge

Attached: anniversary cake rachel lou.jpg (306x425, 60.93K)

Whoops meant to make a thread

Jackson Browne - late for the sky

Mountain goats - no children

The antlers - hospice (concept album)

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Zuma

He was newly single after a long and painful relationship at the time of making it, and he sounds completely done with women.

I KNOW YOU'RE FUCKING SOMEONE ELSE

Everything about this song is decent except for Lou Reed
youtu.be/OPmFV7Kr9DM

Yeah you both sound equally fucked up and probably equally afraid to be alone so you really do deserve each other. But the plate is cracked. If you wanna be stuck in the cycle of fighting cheating making up until either both or one of you dies go ahead by all means. The only wisdom I can offer is marry your 3 wife first. So you might think you'll never find another girl like that. Chances are if you break up today six months down the line you'll be fucking one who's pretty much the same maybee even a bit better. Give yourself a chance.

go back to fantano and death grips, faggot

I like it when he sings with his faggy voice.