This douchebag is unbearable

This douchebag is unbearable.

Attached: BB614769-9127-4214-A9A4-45D8ACF3FE3F.jpg (1280x1280, 321.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c_BcivBprM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've always hated both him and Patti Smith, though he at least has written a few guilty pleasure bangers like Born In The USA and Blinded By The Light and Because The Night. But Born To Run, which every intellectual NY critic cocksucked in the 70s is a whole lot of nothing. Though he also did stuff that's simply too cheesy to be even a guilty pleasure, like Glory Days and The Rising.

He should've stuck to anthems like Summer of 69.

Just another trust fund kid

Nah you need to listen to more of there stuff lol. Like you even listen to darkness on the edge of town all the way through you wouldn’t have this retarded opinion if you have. He’s a great songwriter not like the deepest but very stroking on a emotional level. Racing in the streets one of the saddest songs ever written

Hi, Chris, can I get your autograph?

he wishes he could make a track half as good as Lay Down Sally. his music was always too overblown and "wall of sound", it's amelodic and sluggish and i don't like it.

Clapton is a boring fuck even though Layla mogs everything Bruce ever did. Wtf is this countryish boogy shit, Neil Young's backing band coulda done that just as well. But what he'll be remembered for apart from the above, Tears In Heaven and Wonderful Tonight, are pure Phil Collins and the one thing you can't say about Springsteen's music is that he ever lost his identity as a songwriter.

I love Streets Of Philadelphia and some of his songs, but he is overrated by legacy media.

The low quality of bands he worked with and the boringness of the arrangements and instrumental sequences indicates he doesn't really care about music because none of his songs "rock" or have an interesting rhythm or guitar riff. People like Lou Reed that just sing still got good players to work with because they actually cared, this guy doesn't

I like this song, but not the Springsteen version
youtu.be/c_BcivBprM0

Lou Reed's music after the debut is noticeably worse and more formulaic than his Vu days. Also, his coke addict drummer was a sort of star back in the early 80s by playing his starkly reductionist new wave approach to drumming to all sorts of sessions for the stars you the day. You might even say he was a sort of American Phil Collins...or a white Prince (in that capacity).

>it's another Any Forums chuds seethe at any musician with politics to the left of hitler episode

*Springsteen's drummer, that is.

nobody even mentioned politics until you did

Attached: u8.jpg (500x495, 27.07K)

I've also somehow never been moved by Clarence Clemons' cocktail lounge sax.

>Wtf is this countryish boogy shit
It has a guitar riff, rhythm, and melody none of those things Springsteen was known for.

Born in the USA [Columbia, 1984]
Imperceptible though the movement has been to many sensitive young people, Springsteen has evolved. In fact, this apparent retrenchment is his most rhythmically propulsive, vocally incisive, lyrically balanced, and commercially undeniable album. Even his compulsive studio habits work for him: the aural vibrancy of the thing reminds me like nothing in years that what teenagers loved about rock and roll wasn't that it was catchy or even vibrant but that it just plain sounded good. And while Nebraska's one-note vision may be more left-correct, my instincts (not to mention my leftism) tell me that this uptempo worldview is truer. Hardly ride-off-into-the-sunset stuff, at the same time it's low on nostalgia and beautiful losers. Not counting the title powerhouse, the best songs slip by at first because their tone is so lifelike: the fast-stepping "Working on the Highway," which turns out to be about a country road gang: "Darlington County," which pins down the futility of a macho spree without undercutting its exuberance; and "Glory Days," which finally acknowledges that among other things, getting old is a good joke. A+

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 17.21K)

based

ok now post the other review where he says Springsteen doesn't sound black enough

Never like his stupid music. Him and that other overrated trash Tom Waits.

You probably like metal lol stfu

>the aural vibrancy of the thing reminds me like nothing in years that what teenagers loved about rock and roll wasn't that it was catchy or even vibrant but that it just plain sounded good
You sure you don't mean Ride The Lightning, Bob? Because that fits this description a lot more than BITUSA.