Thoughts on Dream Theater? Also rank their discog

Thoughts on Dream Theater? Also rank their discog.

Attached: DreamTheater.jpg (350x350, 34.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trinityhealth.org/providers/kevin-moore/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Great band and they're hated for no reason and I've never met those dream theater fanboys that everyone talks about.

Shame they turned into shit after Portnoy left.

Prog metal is prog rock's deeply autistic cousin. Soulless shite

overhated, they had great moments and then fell off hard. They went to shit when Kevin Moore left

SDoIT and Octavarium are great albums.

that finally free drum outro do be the GOAT tho I've listened to it probably at least 1000 times

The Rudess/Portnoy albums are kino

Attached: dttierlist.png (1140x558, 302.39K)

Attached: my-image.png (1140x543, 314.29K)

I couldn't have said it better

Fun fact. Kevin Moore is now a psychiatrist in North Dakota. trinityhealth.org/providers/kevin-moore/

>scenes and the astonishing as S tier
Are you me?
>dramatic turn of events in F tier
Apparently not.

Attached: dt tier.png (1140x558, 318.32K)

For me it's AVFTTOFT, SDOIT and Awake

I like Dream Theater. They may have spent some time in my top 10 favorite bands, but never in the top 5. However, Live Scenes From New York has spent 15+ years as my favorite live album. The level of energy they have on that album is insane.

>prog rock's deeply autistic cousin
That's zolo or whatever you call that particular sound Art Bears, Cardiacs and early XTC had. Prog metal is like that fat cousin who's incredibly obnoxious, loud, quite awkward but not autistic, fat cousin you cannot stand.

all of prog is deeply autistic.

>The Asstonishing
>S

You must be joking or you got a really bad taste, it's literally the worst Dream Theater album ever conceived.

I'm convinced people who think this have never listened to it. If you don't like Astonishing, I understand, but I don't know what you like about Dream Theater then lol

I agree with that user. I saw them perform that album live and nobody in the audience knew any of the songs. It was really awkward. There are a couple of songs on it I like, but for the most part I just find it boring.

I don’t really listen to them but John Petrucci’s signature Music Man guitars are godly. If I was rich I’d buy one.

Good band but you have to be in the mood for them

I hated it the first time I listened. I liked a song here or there the second listen. By listen 10, I loved it. It's still cringe and cheesy, even for DT, but the music is great (except for a couple songs).
It was advertised as them playing the full album. I have zero sympathy for anybody who went to that concert and was disappointed.

really gay and lame but technically impressive