Kurt thought Dave's music was simple and boneheadish

youtu.be/PyBoJ4zo3mU

Attached: bd06d000df4ad1268c3fcb5ff9182fd8 (1).jpg (560x842, 388K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/culture/personal-history/my-time-with-kurt-cobain
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's just talking about the riff which he was right about. But what's weird is him criticizing Dave for writing a riff that's basically something Kurt would write, I mean simple and boneheaded would describe most Nirvana riffs

>music written by drummer is simple and boneheaded
well, imagine my shock.

Also, Dave Grohl is really not a great songwritter, or at least he seems very "simple and boneheaded" when inevitably compared to Kurt. The same can be said for the entire FF discog compared to Nirvana.

So he's saying that Nirvana music is dogshit? Kurt was so honest

Everlong is better than every Nirvana song.

everlong is a great tune but it is absolutely simple and boneheaded compared to your average Nirvana track, which by the way, does not mean it isn't better than most nirvana tracks, just simpler and dumber, but simple and dumb can be good

and he was correct

That's a bretty brutal mogging. He looks tiny next to Dave.

Based

You won't learn this from modern nirvana fans but Kurt literally hated Dave toward the end. He wanted him out of the band. I don't blame the guy.

the fact that the guy almost immediately formed a new band as the frontman and without the other surviving band member always made me assume that maybe they weren't all best friends or have a pure relationship towards eachother. And also Dave always seemed like a secret asshole and he has a whiff of fraud to him
You saying that makes total sense to me.

I hate both, but nowadays I'd rather hear even the shittiest Foo Fighters song on the radio rather than any Nirvana song.

None of the three liked eachother at the end. Kurt wanted retroactive payments from the others after Nevermind blew up but the money was split three-way, which soured things, on top of being a junkie. Krist was a reclusive alcoholic. Dave was being Dave Grohl (insufferable). Kurt would go on long drunken and drug fueled tirades about how much he hated Dave and his drumming.

Good read:
newyorker.com/culture/personal-history/my-time-with-kurt-cobain

More lore

>Kris(t) A long time ago it all mattered and now it doesn’t. You did a lot for me, sometimes, and mostly you’ve done less than nothing.As for now, NIRVANA is an embarrassment, my soul cant take it. My body can’t. I am going to start another band - actually I’m going to keep NIRVANA and have others in it. I tried to tell you this twice now but you’re too drunk, fucked up, judgemental and in denial to even hear. So I’ll be blunt. It’s over. You’ll always be rich and you deserve it for the time you spent. But that’s as far as it goes. For years I had to shut up and listen to your opinions about my songs, my ideas, my band. I wasn’t put here to please you or Buzz or fuckin Calvin Johnson. I’ve learned to hate the idea of this band with you and Dave. Obviously you guys will call lawyers, with his greed but it’s over. I have told our lawyers and managers. It’s my band and as hard as this is to do. I have to do it. You won’t miss my smelly crust or old man urine. I am officially stating on record, for the last time: you’re fired, Daves fired and I’m firing myself from this nightmare and starting over with others.

Attached: 1631335706924.jpg (640x853, 144.98K)

Was that why Dave killed him?

Dave Grohl was quite literally a jock and a self absoverd twat. He was on a Hardcore band called scream on W. DC when the scene was full of meatheads that got into hardcore punk not for the music or the art but to be 'cool' do drugs and beat up shit. Had Dave not got into drumming he would be another mindless football coach today. That's what Kurt hated this airhead phony fuck
Have you seen him today? He's so phony and is obvious and drives me nuts redditors are so stupid they can't see how fake he is.
I mean that 'heckin wholesome-!' Reddit shit is so unearned. Is not born out of benevolance and love but for social capital and to lool good and feel good. That's dave grohl right there, maybe it's why they like him.

I mean, all you need to know as why Kurt hated Dave is foo fighters.
You are telling me that the guy who played back to back with Minor Threat, Black Flag, Butthole Surfers, Husker Dü, Sonic Youth, Dinasour Jr, Iggy Pop and a bunch more of other punk heroes just goes and decides to make the blandest pop rock buttrock Bush meets creed bullshit ever?? Are you fucking kidding me

> a raging heroin addict who could barely play a guitar has an opinion
ignored
>Dave Grohl is really not a great songwritter,
not really. foo fighters are on same plane of depressing cancer as radiohead and smashing pumpkins - music for suicidal teens.
they are both well under 5ft 8 inch. absolute manlets.

Kurt thought a lot of really dumb shit

>Kurt would go on long drunken and drug fueled tirades about how much he hated Dave and his drumming.
just when I thought I couldn't find him any more based

Kurt Cobain: corpse
Dave Grohl: successful businessman

dave grohl will be forgotten soon, he has left no mark on history or music
kurt cobain will be studied and admired for hundreds of years

>not really. foo fighters are on same plane of depressing cancer as radiohead and smashing pumpkins - music for suicidal teens.
don't you ever fucking put ff in the same sentence as Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins ever again