If a boomer like Rick Beato can appreciate Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo...

If a boomer like Rick Beato can appreciate Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo, what's your excuse for not liking their music?

Attached: [email protected] (1400x1050, 126.87K)

im not being paid for my opinions

It's just okay. Nothing impressive. Anybody who gets worked up about it is either a tryhard teenager or a boomer crank.

>Here is a clickbait video
>Here is a bunch of irrelevant musical theory
>Buy my book, buy my book, here is the code. Only $50, a complete bargain

Appreciate != like
I can appreciate a pile of shit for its fertiliser qualities, but that doesn't mean I like shit. Same goes for everything in life.
Also, who the fuck cares about what boomers like? They're either the good kind who accept being old or the cringe version who tries to be "hip".

Boomers are out of touch with society. Also opinions != facts

I hate this guy so much I can't believe it.

He likes Billie. Probably just appreciates Olivia, but about Happier Than Ever he said it's a great album.

He's been doing it for the clicks and also a lot of metal musicians shilled billie because they wanted attention.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I think it started when I saw his thumbnail about hiw he thinks Billie is this generation's Kurt Cobain. My kneejerk reaction was.immediate disgust, but then I kept coming back to that idea.
Long story short, I keep coming back to one question: is it even possible for a Kurt, and instead of Kurt you can say Jimi Hendrix, or Michael Jackson, or bands like Zeppelin, LP, or whatever, even a Kanye -- musical and cultural icons and landmarks -- to emerge in a post twitter world/generation? If you think about it, thise types of artists are basically gone since the late 00's. We never got a new generation, which again, brings me back to the question; is there something about the modern media paradigm that makes it impossible for these people to appear in culture? Think about if Kurt Cobain was to start his music career nowadays. Would his persona, myth, and cultural appeal be amplified or watered down if he was tweeting 5 times a day and being on every YT podcast and interview ahow every day of every year having his personality exposed that much? I think ironically all that exposure woul water DOWN his impact. these peiple were.all in their 20's. You really think they wouldn't say a bunh of dumb things if they were constantly.be puttimg their thoughts out there? Not to mention nowadays these people blow up way sooner which means they didn't have the benefit of maturity through faikure and struggle to make it.

I dunno, maybe Billie WAS supposed to be this generatuon's Kurt, and maybe this is just what that looks like in the modern world

Yeah, you can even see this happening to cultural icons of the past destroying their entire mythos with social media. You can see that with people like Roger Waters and Neil Young. I think social media just exposes how mundane these people really are. That said, I hate Billie Eilish and her music makes me want to throw up, regardless of social media.

Why do I always feel the intense urge to punch this guy?

He can't say they're crap or he would lose viewers. Being old in the music business means you've seen dozens of pop stars come and go. Billie and Olivia are no different.

Blessed army are boomers and larpers, he's doing it to attract normies.

This, and he wants zoomers too. I think Dave Onorato and Rhett Shull probably get the real Rick when the cameras not on.

>shits on MÃ¥neskin (not great but decent Mainstream Rock act) for bad production
>shills for Billy Eilish

Cringe guy ngl

99% of new rock sounds like throwaway shit. It really is deader than I remember it ever being. Your right though that he will shit on new rock and metal, and some pop too if it's in the top 10.

For a counter-culture icon to emerge you first need a mainstream culture to counter. This is forgotten in retrospect, but Hendrix was such a big deal because so much of rock at the time was still folk music and meanwhile he went extremely hard, and Cobain was huge because 80s music was all over-produced pop or cringe hair metal and Gen X hated that. But the important part is that everyone was listening to the same stuff back then. If you turned on the radio in the 70s you heard America and John Denver and ELO and that was it. Now you can listen to and make anything, and no one uses the radio. So the very idea of "rebellion" now is kinda gone

Which viewers would he lose? When you look in his comment sections his fans shit on modern music ten times more than he does.

this counter culture seems irrelevant and a seperate phenomena imo. You can draw a clear line with some artists like Nirvana and the grunge emergence as a direct response to the bloated glossy 80's arena rock, but that isn't always the case. What you need is originality and inovation and vision, it doesn't gave to be necessarily counter culture. Take for example Zeppelin or LP. Neither were counter culture. Zeppelin's hard rock wasn't a response to the music previous to them. Music in those days was already pushing towards the way they were going, they just took that flag planted it WAAAAAYYY further than anyone could reach. Same exact thing with Linkin Park. They took the sounds that were in the miasma of music culture and took them to a much further place anyone had managed at the time.

Rick Beato thinks Tim Henson is on the cutting edge of rock music. That should tell you all you need to know about him.

*cutting edge of guitar playing
which he is. This is just a fact. Whether you think the direction is good or whatever is a completely different matter.

>the very idea of "rebellion" now is kinda gone

The idea of the kind of rebellion you mentioned might be gone, but rebellion itself is just the placing of one's opinion in opposition to the prevailing one. People will just find another prevailing opinion to subvert and oppose.

Sometimes that's cutting off your nose to spite your face, but that's rebellion for you. Even if it's bad for them, rebels gonna rebel. So, artists can't be different any more because variety is everywhere due to the widening of available platforms and means of accessing music and art in general? Artists might rebel against that widening of platforms instead of the actual form of the art, dunno why they would but as mentioned, rebels gotta rebel.

>So, artists can't rebel by being different any more

Fuck, fixed