Why is it pop punk again?

Why is it pop punk again?

Attached: images (1).jpg (554x554, 71.9K)

Because it's cringe.

Attached: 1660299078390492.jpg (680x670, 26.35K)

Because it has good melodies and is enjoyable

Because it has pop melodies over punk backing.

Yeah lol, to me it's skatepunk etc

>pop melodies
What do you mean?

Because it's pop punk.
Duh

Catchy, major key, pretty simplistic, no yelling.

>Catchy
Vague, cuz to me Dead Kennedys is very catchy
>major key
Have you ever listened to punk? We're not talking black metal here
>pretty simplistic
Have you ever listened to punk? 2
>no yelling
Have you listened to Dude Ranch?

because it is

>Have you ever listened to punk?
Well compare it to something like Agent Orange, both are upbeat and catchy but Agent Orange is much more minor key. Same is true of DK.
>pretty simplistic
Compare it to Dag Nasty or All or RKL or even NOFX.
>Have you listened to Dude Ranch?
There are no harsh vocals anywhere on the album.

Why not?

It's polished, it's punk for people who don't like punk

then why do i like it? i like punk.

That means pop punk introducted you to punk proper

it was Bad Religion, but i did not get into blink-182 until much later, when punk was already my favorite style of music.

Pop punk is punk that got too popular, unless your band is called Sex Pistols or Ramones.

used to be when people were talking about pop punk they were mostly referring to the polished offshoot of skate punk represented by OP, Green Day, The Offspring etc.. nowadays it is apparently also increasingly being used for pop rock made by anybody who wears piercings.

>yeah you are right about my post being nonsense but here's these songs from this band that are in minor keys
<
>simplistic
There's simple punk and more complex punk, but your argument is stupid anyway. Remind yourself of the Pistols.
>no yelling in Dude Ranch
You said that and it's not true. The first verses in the album by each vocalist are yelled.

Because it's by a bank that became increasingly pop-orientated and became the standard-bearers of the genre. If they'd stayed like that album though It'd probably be more remembered for being sk8 punk like NOFX.

What makes Dude Ranch the polished offshoot of skate punk and what is the less polished offshoot?