"Making records should be fun...

"Making records should be fun. I remember seeing Radiohead on the cover of a magazine in the UK when In Rainbows came out, and it said, 'Radiohead: The Pain.' And I thought, 'Won’t you fucking give it a rest, you bunch of moaning children?' The pain? Of making an album? I don’t buy it. If you’re not having a laugh, then don’t do it."

Attached: noel gallagher.jpg (1200x1200, 228.87K)

of course it wasn’t fun, they were making shit music

Noel hasn't been able to write a full album worth a shit since tte 90's ended. Writes one or two good songs then fucks off for five years and repeats the processs

What did he have to say about the recording kf Be Here Now?

Cocaine is fun.

>The pain? Of making an album? I don’t buy it. If you’re not having a laugh, then don’t do it.
That's the fruitiest shit I've ever heard. So if someone is making an album about a national tragedy or a dead loved one they're supposed to 'have fun with it'?

Based Noel

It'd be fun spending time with his daughter right

Attached: 37901698-9137621-image-a-18_1610444763264.jpg (634x687, 83.3K)

And that’s how you know Noel is a midwit

Anti-art

rock isn't art
how does whining into a microphone make anything better

Noel ina wig

He's righ though, making good art requires the right state of mind, having fun is a perfect state, think it like "the zone"

It's called venting. There's more emotions than just happy, doofus.
Sometimes sad emotions can make for great albums. I'm surprised this even needs to be explained.
So when artists make album like "A Crow Looked at Me" or "Hospice" or "Skeleton Tree" they're just having a blast??

>wow this is horrible better get into a studio and turn it into pop music not because I'm a narcissist who needs to make it about me or anything

To Noel sad music is “whiny shite.” He’s all about music with good messages and live forever stuff. So it doesn’t compute to him that people could possibly wanna listen to music that mines the depths of depravity, sadness, negative emotions. He’s basically a midwit boomer and has always been

None of the albums listed have high sales or major top 40 hits.
It wasn't about 'making it about themselves', ya goof.

there is no logical connection between your sentences
I hope this was intentional

pub bore with boring cunt opinions

>So when artists make album like "A Crow Looked at Me" or "Hospice" or "Skeleton Tree" they're just having a blast??
Do you think they tracked their instrumetns while crying or some shit? Then the mixing engineer slit his wrists? Bad state of mind leads to shit just look at St. Anger

yeh he's like Christgau who is also pretty much incapable of feeling sad music.

>you know what really captures this tragedy? backbeats!