Aqua, Eiffel 65, Gigi D'Agostino, Alice Deejay, Venga Boys, Daft Punk, basshunter, O-zone, Caramell, Spice girls

>Aqua, Eiffel 65, Gigi D'Agostino, Alice Deejay, Venga Boys, Daft Punk, basshunter, O-zone, Caramell, Spice girls
Why were there so many synth pop bands coming out of random ass European countries in the 90s and dropping bangers? And why did it stop, they had a good thing going

Attached: file.png (500x500, 378.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7b2T8K2D-ps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

zoomer just discovers europop/eurodance
>And why did it stop, they had a good thing going
they didn't, now they just produce for american artists instead of singing and performing. euros singing on american sounding pop is the cheesiest shit ever

Yeah we all know Max Martin but who else are you talking about

when disco died dance music in america died, but it didnt die in europe, and it kept evolving, this is how we get what was labeled as electronica and eurodance.

rave culture was really big with gen x europeans. in the 2000s it went more underground and mellowed

Millennials were the no fun generation.

Don't forget Scooter (my fave).

Dance music in America didn't die, it just evolved into boogie/post-disco, Hi-NRG, electro, and eventually house, garage house, techno, Baltimore club, and a few other genres.

>Why were there so many synth pop bands coming out of random ass European countries in the 90s and dropping bangers? And why did it stop, they had a good thing going

None of those acts are synthpop user.

yeah, but it wasnt mainstream, it took till 2010s with dubstep for america to embrace edm

>uses rym once

I meant it literally

Cold War ended, molly hit the masses and they started copying the brits

youtube.com/watch?v=7b2T8K2D-ps

How is this true and false at the same time?

FUCK fun.

At best these foreign novelty songs are just empty gimmicks for kids (that shocker or not, come from Western leaning countries) i.e. Gangam Style, Rock Me Amadeus. At other times they fall victim to stereotypes and fetishes, The Ketchup Song is the perfect soundtrack for an anglo lad visiting a Spanish speaking country to relax, have sex and drink in later to abandon and go back to the serious "motherland". TATU's Lesbian schoolgirl aesthetic perfectly fits the Western man's fetish for Eastern European girls and the added gay aesthetic (because East is so homophobic) is a nice added bonus for the sexual fantasies.

Practically all foreign Pop trends and songs that make it big in the Anglo sphere make it as novelty songs. We don't want Soviet Estrada but look at the funny trololo singer, we can use it for memes. We don't want to hear South Korean Jazz or Funk, but we sure as hell want to have sex with their women and hey, just look at their "men" who look more feminine than the women.

Anglo-West wants funny foreign figures to dance around them (and if possible have sex too), they don't want handsome, masculine and serious Pop stars like I don't know, Eros Ramazzotti for example. Because the role of serious, of masculine, of sexy is the role of the assertive, not the servant.

This is why these foreign artists are all one hit wanderers (at best two like TATU or PSY).They are the artistic equivalent of pumps and dumps.

I seen zizek make this argument as well. Interesting

If you look behind all these bands you will see they were funded by their countries tourist industries

Nah, I'm just a nerd who dived into dance music thanks to Daft Punk.

all that's good lasts little

What about ABBA.