What did Adam Neely mean by this lmfao

what did Adam Neely mean by this lmfao

Attached: Screenshot_20220825-114750.png (863x647, 505.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qVjag3uIlPY
youtube.com/watch?v=ySBKTPHugaw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm a white supremacist and I think Mozart is boring shit music.

Only we were actually smart enough to even formulate music theory

So, can it really be possible that no written musical piece used a blues scale before importing it from africa? Has anyone ever came across something similar to a blues or jazz lick in pre-1880/1890 western music?

I think he means "Me and my privileged friends implicitly view music theory as white because we went to learn about music in a university in a country that is supposed to be for white people and where white culture is emphasized. I can't just watch a youtube video of a girl playing a pipa and see what she's doing and read a youtubr comment t about how her articulation relates to the pitch accent in the Chinese language, I have to pretend like music is serious business so people respect me, and every serious business is pro-nonwhite and has a pride logo. I wear tight-fitting polo shirts, work for the U.N, and my room looks like it was designed by Apple. I know there's something wrong with me but no one I've talked to can quite put their finger on it, probably because I constantly lie to the psychologist. Daddy always told me you gotta look out for number one. You gotta achieve in a very visible way. You gotta do what you gotta do for status, which always lasts in music because people think having fun and dancing, again, is extremely serious. You need to read all of Foucault before you can intellectually challenge me. Music doesn't come from the soul. The soul does not exist... right? Music is an intellectual puzzle piece where sometimes you just glue a leaf on top to be wacky like a blacky."

Sungazer has cool shit though desu
youtube.com/watch?v=qVjag3uIlPY

Watch it, ull know.

>I wear tight-fitting polo shirts, work for the U.N
I kek'd

Am I supposed to read this as a Bill Cosby rap?

I like that video. Adam Neely said it couldn't be played, so i programmed it. That'll show him.

too long, don't feel like sitting through a 44 minute lecture on white people bad, if it's even one of those vids

This checks out as Lomax was a well-respected ethnomusicologist. Many people believe this but it's usually shut down due to being racist.
youtube.com/watch?v=ySBKTPHugaw

I think he explained:
> you go to study academic music
> they teach you european music from few centuries ago
> what a fucking surprise!
He's educated by kikes to hate his own people.
If he likes jazz so much, he should have hang out with negros instead, maybe they would teach him to shoot heroin as well. For somebody so knowledgeable (he is literally the best music theorist I've found so far) he is surprisingly retarded in few points (but then who isn't, I am literally a freak)

The US or the UN (what is the difference?) really did send him to some random village somewhere to "learn about music" or "teach Mongolians about jazz".
He didn't program it, he played it on marching drums, which i think is what it is written for, and is the style of drumming he specializes in. He was a military drummer.

>Whiplash is bad because they don't talk about BLACK musicians who are BLACK, and Fletcher is homophobic!!!

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 82.28K)

Didn't read but sungazer sucks

Yes, he played and recorded it. Then he programmed all the recordings together. It would be awesome if a group of people did it, but one autist doing it isn't that impressive.

Putting drum parts where they go isn't drum programming, it's like making sure a movie's scenes are in order. Obviously he doesn't have his own personal virtuoso drumline.

I don't know; why don't you just watch the video?

i don't really mind neely even if he is obnoxiously leftist, but in his girl from ipanema video I was really annoyed he didn't ONCE mention impressionist composers like debussy influencing brazillians- the sheet music had only just arrived in brazil in like the 50's so jobim's piano playing has some extreme european influence.

but no, brazillians are black so they must be focusing on the rhythms of africa let's talk about that ad nauseum

>didnt watch the video
The concept of "music theory" as commonly taught in schools, that is often presented as *the* theory of music, was invented by a Nazi propagandist for the purpose of pushing German supremacy. That's the actual history. It points out that the guy who invented the concept of a singular music theory picked a bunch of German/Austrian composers who weren't even the best among their temporal peers just to push the whole German supremacy propaganda.
It doesn't have anything to do with WHITE PEOPLE EVIL, it has everything to do with the historical fact that the idea of a singular theory through which all of music can be evaluated was invented by a Nazi propagandist who chose a bunch of lack-luster composers that were German as a standard because they were German and not because they were the best, let alone a complete, treatment of all music on Earth.

I prefer the original title

Attached: 1599606837543.png (230x202, 76.07K)

>letting politics dictate musical taste
This is why the seventh seal is almost broken

>I'm on your side BLM, PLEASE don't burn my house down during your chimpouts, I'm one of the good ones! I's a good house cracka! Hail St Floyd!