Why is proto-punk and post-punk so good yet straightforward punk (and hardcore by extension) absolutely sucks ass...

Why is proto-punk and post-punk so good yet straightforward punk (and hardcore by extension) absolutely sucks ass? The best """"punk""" bands never identified as such and neither gave a shit about punk ethos or subculture crap at all

Attached: 4e837740662103b302918ab70be64451.jpg (1426x1418, 233.08K)

Because you're coming to music from the lens of indie hipsterism.

>proto-punk
Good
>post-punk
Faggot pop music for losers
>best bands never gave a shit about punk ethos or subculture crap
Okay.
The Ramones and the Misfits are good

Attached: misfits.png (922x1299, 403.74K)

I see, so I should force myself to listen to milquetoast bland crap spawned by dead dumb subcultures in order to feel accepted by a handful of old retards in a mongolian basket-weaving forum. Thanks for the input

It's soul vs. soulless

The Misfits are alright, the stuff Danzig went on to do later in Samhain and solo absolutely shits all over it though. Ramones are total crap and they only mean anything to Gen Xers that were exposed to it as kids

Mad lol.

Nah lol

Attached: ramons.jpg (500x432, 94.96K)

>FIRST ROOL IS! DONT TALK TO COMMIES.

uh, based?

Attached: download (1).jpg (205x246, 12.79K)

>liking bands because of their politics
Peak derangement

Ramones was kiss on a low budget

Ramones invented punk

Attached: RamonesRamones.png (1170x1161, 1.57M)

Misfits have a lot of good shit. Fave track? For me it's probably Attitude

>Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
What did they mean by this?

Hybrid Moments, Death Comes Ripping

That's not why I like them, retard.

No one did it as good as the stooges did on fun house, idc what anyone says. They perfected punk. Of course punk didn't have to stop there, but everything paled afterwards. Fun house stooges era was basically the last supper, and all their imitators who came afterwards were good but basically think of mannerism and post da vinci/michelangelo italian painting.

because actual punk rock was a corporate manufactored scene that was about looks only. garage rock was passion to make any music and post punk did its own thing. punk rock was made to sell records

Good taste user. Hybrid Moments is a classic.

Must be why punk sucks