R.E.M. T.H.R.E.A.D

What does Any Forums think of R.E.M.?

Attached: r.e.m..jpg (3108x3265, 514.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/1kehh2p2NfJ2
youtube.com/watch?v=P-7pgeD__qU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think they're a G.R.E.A.T. band

i only really like their early stuff but they receive retroactive based points for being one of few bands in the last couple decades to break up permanently just because they ran out of steam, without hating each other or someone dying or accused of rape

Uberlin is one of their best songs, best way to end it all

I agree, their IRS stuff is their best.

Their output in the 80s was excellent
Their 90s album were pretty inconsistent. Out of Time has some amazing songs, but their sandwiched in-between terrible to mediocre material. Hi-Fi is a mess and feels like a collection of scraped songs from through out their discography. Up is just alright. Automatic and Monster are easily their best albums from that decade because they mostly stick to one sound/style and the songwriting is mostly good.

They don’t hate each other. Stipe and the rest of the band hate each other.
First thing I remember hearing when they broke up is mike mills saying We will never play together again.
But mike mills and Peter buck have played together lots of times since then.

they still got them all in the same room again for the Netflix Song Exploder show which they didn’t have to agree to at all
the creative chemistry might not be there and Stipe may be a bit of an obnoxious queen but I still think they have an attachment and camaraderie even if they don’t want to work together on a daily basis

r*cist ch*ds
vocaroo.com/1kehh2p2NfJ2

I never really listened to them because I thought they were just for depressed people in their 30's. Then a song from Murmur played on shuffle and I was surprised when I saw what band it was and listened to the whole thing. That was like two weeks ago and pretty much all I've listened to since is their albums from Murmur to New Adventures in Hi-Fi. I've listened to them all straight through in chronological order like three times and some like Document and Automatic for the People I've listened to two or three time in a row a few times. I haven't listened to anything past Monster and I don't know that I want to. At least not until the honeymoon phase is over

TL;DR now that I'm a depressed 30-year-old, R.E.M. is my new favorite band

how bout chronic town? i think thats just as good as murmur

Haven't listened to it yet, I just had their full length albums. I should probably do that right now

I don't think they were in the same room for that.
Actually Stipe and Mills have done interviews together in recent years, so I think they still get along to some extent. I think if there's any animosity it's between Stipe and Buck

U2 should've done the same.

Everything up to Green is GOAT

everything after Automatic For The People is hot garbage.

they had a few good songs early on when stipe had hair but very sadly they subsequently became almost completely insufferable

They're mediocre and much worse than the less famous bands that they were inspired by.

I like the song about the based corner guy. Guy singing about being in the corner. That was him there, in the corner. Cool track. I liked it. We all are in corners sometimes, but that guy was proud. You gotta respect it.

I was surprised they let Stand be used for a tv show intro

youtube.com/watch?v=P-7pgeD__qU

Kaufman who wrote Being John Malkovich worked on this show and R.E.M produced being john malkovich

which bands?

The Feelies, The dBs, Big Star, Pylon.

Great band overall but they are obviously massive shitlibs and made some cringe songs like Exhuming Mccarthy and Ignoreland

It was a crazy show for the time

Attached: ChrisPeterson.jpg (612x816, 91.92K)