How to make music like him?

How to make music like him?

Attached: Ariel_Pink's_Haunted_Graffiti,_FYF_2010_(4975726091).jpg (1200x1793, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4x0EEXK7XfU
youtu.be/pHkQzUMAncs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Be born in Beverly hills and then rip off better artists, casually avoid introspection and get upstaged by your best friend regularly

get a tascam 4 track, buy cheapest radioshack mic possible, get good at mouth drums, mix weed and meth regularly

>rip off better artists
You mean like everybody ever? You will never write a song as brilliant or touching as put your number in my phone and that's probably not even in his top ten best songs

Nah. Maus have a lot of great songs but Ariel has more fuller and richer songwriting. Also Maus would be working in some think tank without him.

ariel used an 8 track, which are harder to come by. who gives a shit though, i'm sure if you have a 4-track and pingpong you can get something similar. some of ferraro's ariel inspired stuff sounds great and i'm pretty sure that's all 4 track

I love him bros

I had some tiny involvement in the reissue cycle and spoke a lot with paul millar who did most of the remastering work alongside Ariel. The secret to that early sound he had was he mixed the songs down after 8 track onto old 80's boomboxes with EQ parameters maxed out, the actual OG cassettes he recorded onto were actually surprisingly high fidelity

Is Ariel still cool with PD?

No clue man sorry

PDM has still been providing oddities that didn’t really have a place on a commercial release to fans quite recently, idk if he and Ariel are “friends” exactly but as far as a professional relationship goes and respect for the material goes he’s definitely willing to separate the music from the guy despite the fact he’s def a leftist and also an egghead that’s not really equipped for AP’s strung-out mad genius lifestyle

This is a shill thread made by an irrelevant boomer.

Attached: 0E8895BA-5389-4224-BA3C-F45A60B34E48.jpg (402x211, 18.69K)

youtube.com/watch?v=4x0EEXK7XfU
His minimal synth era is coming

Damn we're going back to the worn copy days boys

>and get upstaged by your best friend regularly
John "grandma pissed her pants again" Maus couldn't outstage anyone

Attached: 453180EF-97B4-488C-9D29-11517AB31E57.jpg (1280x720, 43.12K)

AP has been /ourguy/ since at least 2014 lurk moar newfag

That changed when he decided to support cheeto hitler and literally attended the insurrection, pretty much the greatest threat to our democracy in our country’s history, in support of literal nazis

take motifs from 60s sunshine pop, other 70s, 80s styles and recreate the style but with less fidelity

... also add some distortion manipulation, in the vein of dub, to your average pop songs

You guys are getting too hung on the reference point of his music. There's seriously good songwriting going on in his albums. It's not just "oh this song sounds like the 80s" or "this sounds like the 60s". If it was just that, it would be boring. Songs like "Flying Circles" or "Somewhere in Europe" are endlessly relistenable.

stop spamming 100gecs fag

>zoomie 2016 election tourists pretend to be oldfags
daily reminder you guys shat on ariel pink everyday before the jan 6th shit, yes, there were a few posters who liked pom pom during the pitchfork era of Any Forums, but there was much more ariel hate than anything

I’ve been here since 2010 and I’ve been a huge AP fan since 2011
I honestly there being that much discussion about him back in the day one way or another. I guess people liked when he called Grimes stupid and retarded

I remember those threads. People thought Ariel was like a band like Wavves or Real Estate.

take ur meds m8, john is one of the best live performers of the past 20 years
youtu.be/pHkQzUMAncs