An artist respects the silence that serves as the foundation of creativity

>An artist respects the silence that serves as the foundation of creativity.
This is unironically a fantastic quote.

Attached: Levinsongiphy.gif (204x360, 1.25M)

that guy was the anti-dubbi

It's a bunch of nice words strung together that I'm the end mean nothing

He was the good guy in that interaction

What? It has a very clear meaning. Why do people say this about anything that sounds nice at all?

You’re responding to someone who can’t comprehend sentences with more than one word over 8 letters long

>Means nothing
Even if you don't like the quote it has a very obvious meaning
Hard to be creative when it's too loud to even focus

He could have just walked away

For some people. Not everyone needs to be in silence to create. Many people actively listen to things while making art. And many artists come out of large cities and poor conditions where they share walls with loud neighbors. The "you need silence to create" thing is bullshit.

his heart is in the right place but he's using the failure of his life and what he could've been and all these people he knew as a means to discourage the guy from playing his instrument. it's a public easement and he should mind his own business. if you don't like noise don't live in the city.

Basically no artists come out of poor conditions

The quiet are going to rise up and take the city back from the noisy

I'm a quiet person and live away from the nonsense but the city is what it is. It can't all be like nice Japanese cities where shriekers aren't roaming around.

Have you ever lived in a city? Like a real city? It's never quiet. And yet it's where most artists come from.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

I live in a city stupid. It’s dead quiet around here

Yeah. Which one? Because some of the loudest cities are also the highest concentrations of artists. Such as the city that the original video takes place in.

Shut up nosy I’m not telling you shit. The city I’m in has a billion artists and it’s dead fucking silent here

And some of the loudest cities still have the most artists, making the original quote in question false and meaningless.

And have those "artists" produced anything of value under those conditions? Apart from The Ramones of course

Attached: Adalbert-Stifter_h-300x300-700906571.jpg (300x300, 20.76K)

The loudest cities (like the one you live in) also have the lowest quality worst artists (like the ones you enjoy)

Yes

Nonsense, that's why they made insulation for buildings. Even artists living in the city would like to be shielded from the outside urban elements, which would include excessive noise.

Lol

He was being a dick to a street performer. No one is being creative while walking home from work. He wanted the trumpet player to shut up. The quote only applies to specific people at specific times. The quote has meaning but it's a fucking dumb quote in the context of some angry old psycho yelling at a street performer as if he doesn't walk past them all day.

>Many people actively listen to things while making art.
And almost none of those things are a mediocre trumpet player poorly playing "Oh Susanna" at full volume in your ear

This

Street performers are trash and should be ridiculed

Yeah and no one was creating where he was playing lol

Douglas Levison (the goblin-looking fella) could have been creating a symphony in his head that we'll never get to hear because dickwad had to blow his trumpet too loud

He wasn't even a street performer. This is just some entitled wealthy dude telling some regular guy that can't afford a studio to get out of his personal public space. If he wants silence so bad he can go back to his overpriced studio apartment and shut the fuck up.

Well he was trained classically and contemporaneously

i dont think hes implying that you need quiet to create anything... hes talking about the nature of the very definition of creation... silence is the foundation of sound.... the blank canvas of music is silence... not that all artists of any kind need silence to be creative. in a very Cage-ian sense hes talking about respecting the sounds around you before you make a sound yourself and to recognize that youre collaborating with the "silence" or lack-thereof around you

Why did he wear his pants so high

>contemporaneously
I love how he's so pretentious that he has to make up his own words

That's were his waistline is

ah, so these were the big steppers that kendrick lamar was talking about

Even though I know you are joking, someone writing outside in NYC and then complaining about noise makes them a crazy person. People in this thread are literally defending a crazy schizo and acting like he dropped some deep knowledge.

Douglass had an appropriate reaction in that situation