How come an artists’ success never seems organic, even when independent? Wasn’t the internet supposed to fix this...

How come an artists’ success never seems organic, even when independent? Wasn’t the internet supposed to fix this? My country even has some radio contract/initiative with the government (funded by my tax dollars) to ensure musicians from our country get airtime, but even with this system, the music is grocery store Ameripop replica trash, it never sounds organic, its never art for the sake of art. You want art for the sake of art you say? The go to music school, learn to play jazz or classical and stfu, that’s all you get. Why don’t labels want to offend anyones ears anymore? How did movements of the past even become movements? It wasn’t all payola was it?

Go on Craigslist, so many talented musicians, all turned schizophrenic alcoholics because society never gave them a chance. Or go down to your local cafe and see all the straight white males preforming for 3 people because they weren’t willing to larp as a bi/homosexual. Someone care to explain the inner workings of this? Was pic rel organic?

Attached: 3F41A280-7935-490C-B3B5-0740E6CE82E3.jpg (800x500, 108.96K)

I've found underground scenes on the internet. I've found organic stuff. It's out there, but yeah the only people we really see or hear about are astroturfed. Alot of the indie stuff that gets pushed by jornos isn't really indie. If you want organic white boy guitar stuff especially your gonna have to dig deep underground. It's not hard to get 100k plays if it's good music but alot of world class music out there doesn't get plays cause they aren't promoted by TV people.

Yes, black midi is a notable outlier in that their rise to fame was wholly organic. The only aspect of their background that people might find suspicious is their attendance at the brit school, but that argument ignores the thousands of graduates who didn't find commercial success in music. However, their first gigs were at small venues in their local band scene, and they had to perform constantly for low pay until they were discovered. Their success is a very cut and dry example of the cream rising to the top. It's hard to deny their authenticity when every member is insanely proficient at their instrument.

Organic yet the drummer had millions of views on YouTube prior to joining the band? And then the band was taken under Dan Carey’s wing, who is responsible for producing other post-punk acts? Did they even have a basement jam phase? Sounds like they started jamming and honing their sound in a professional studio

Based. I’m so sick of the industry plants strangling the good art out of existence

The information you're unsure about is well documented in interviews with them and their various agents/producers. Yes, Morgan Simpson was already well known for winning numerous drumming competitions and playing in his family's gospel group at church events. It's hard for talent like that to go unnoticed for very long.
They started jamming together at the Brit school in 2015/2016 (when it was just Geordie and Matt, Morgan joined later and Cam joined last minute before their debut gig) and they also released a Bandcamp EP around that time which was later deleted. Their initial record deal came as a result of their live shows gaining attention on youtube and other social media.

Is that how you cope with your own failure? by attributing the success of others to external forces while denying the personal drive and agency which brought them to where they are?

>artists and music industry folk are always honest about their origin stories
>brit school band meme
Go outside

>Why don’t labels
I stopped there. You're just a fan. The industry does not exist to satisfy your need for 'kino", never did. And, in the past, genres and such grew because the corporations hadn't taken them over yet - the 70's were the wild west for music - the concert industry was independant, the labels were smaller and had less power, radio was king and was payola/new artist friendly, and labels didn't require bands to sell 10 million on their first album.
Why don't labels? Because they don't want to. They sell a product, and what you like isn't what sells. The record industry was never about "art", it was commerce from day one, to sell a product. Art happened by accident, or slipped through the cracks.
Everything is locked down by the big corporations now, from clubs, to labels, to media. They don't care about art, they don't care about you, except what's in your wallet.
Stop thinking labels ever gave a shit about art. Then you might start to understand. Maybe. It's hard to explain the cold reality of the music industry to fans.

You sound schizophrenic. Not every band is some Illuminati plant designed to disseminate public thought with satanic ideology. Some people are just talented. If you can prove me wrong, you would've done it already. The most industry plant member is Geordie because his mom sang in a lot of local London groups, but that's a big stretch.

You are the one writing fucking novels about your buttbuddy plant people. It’s inauthentic trash and all the words you type can’t fix that

If I have to go on d*scord to find it then it can stay well underground

I mean, the only way to make it as an authentic band is to either outlast your own era in spite of your lack of commercial success, and then get picked up by a younger generation who doesn't have the same biases, or to just get lucky.

I think you don't listen to enough music/genres

>How come an artists’ success never seems organic

I remember reading an article about the “death of rock music” and the author said that in the late 60s-early 70s, record company executives were all out-of-touch old men who didn’t know WTF kinda music the youth of day were into, so they hired their teenage sons and nephews and let them find the hippest coolest bands at the time.

Fast forward X years, and those sons/nephews grew up and took over the record companies but THEY refused to let go of the reins and allow younger people move up the ladder, thus the music industry stagnated and became corporatized, with new music artists being picked by committees who wanted to “mold” the artists into what the arrogant corporate record company executives thought consumers _should_ be listening to.

Which is why most music sucks nowadays.

Attached: Emerson-Tuscaloosa-1974.jpg (2800x2288, 3.63M)

Pretty much. I am severely lacking in many aspects, but it helps to accept that you were never really in the game. Most of it is just been born at the right time in the right place to the right parents. All the rest is incidental.

>2022
>internet
>underground
lmao where do you retards come from

Little labels make all the big breakthroughs. Island records broke Bob Marley not Columbia records. Sub pop broke nirvana not Warner brothers

record labels have been irrelevant for close to 20 years, the reason why music sucks is because millennials can't look away from their phones long enough to come up with anything decent. they killed music and now poor zoomers don't even know what it is because it's exited mainstream culture

Best post ITT

See? More bark with no bite. Either back your claims up or stop throwing a hissy fit.