Why are bends on guitar considered uncool nowadays?

Word on the street is the zoomers think string bending is passé. Many even call it 'boomer bending' or 'bendcelism'.

I remember a video of Lemmy talking about how rock music didn't have enough bends anymore, and that was back in the 2010s, so maybe he was onto something... What do you think?

Attached: Tony-Iommi_2009-06-11_Chicago_photoby_Adam-Bielawski.jpg (800x1195, 170.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Gp7rGy0UkYU?t=165
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

having an ear for proper in tune bending requires much more practice than tuning to an open chord and tapping away to your heart's content

because zoomers enjoy shitty math rock tapping

He was talking lame blues riffs and other classic rock clichés.

gender bending

Which are great by the way and if you don't enjoy that you're probably a faggot

Thats what I'm talking about.

Stadium Arcadium is chock full of massive heart wrending bends

John Frusciante was trying to avoid the shredder 32nd not box and one of the ways he tried to pull out and around it was through weird bends as part of what inevitably came amazingly coherent melodys as solo's.

check out this guitar solo
youtu.be/Gp7rGy0UkYU?t=165

>Zoomers

If you're taking advice from the generation that birthed mumble rap and all other types of knuckle dragging music you've already lost at life.

No offense

Tim Henson.

The thing is. Fuck that guy. He's just one guy. I'm the same age as that dude and I love bends. I bend all the time. Actually I think that one of the things that sets me apart from other guitar players is that I'm more sensitive with this kind of thing. I see a lot of staccato type playing out there, and a lot of tapping, but not a lot of "groove" based stuff.

I don't know what to say. I think that worrying about it is dumb, but like, you know how you can have a mass delusion? You can fool yourself into thinking something is cool even though it isn't viscerally satisfying. So I think that the Heavy Metal complex and the math rock complex has really pigeonholed the guitar into a non groove era. I think that if you look at what Steve Vai is doing, he's trying to incorporate a lot of interesting bends into his complex music, and I think that's really interesting. Of course, he is autistic and feels music differently, but I would like to see the future generation taking cues from him and trying to unstiffen the guitar, if that makes sense.

>Stadium Arcadium
>That spacing and explanation
You really have to go back

Attached: 1661171057799960.png (1125x1494, 387.56K)

A reporter once asked Gaddafi about his posture as they had seen him sit a bit uncomfortable due to wounds from a war. And further added “why don’t you just cross your legs ?” He replied, I get water in legs. If you further analyze crossing legs forms stagnant water. It needs to be drained and just increases pressure. But also the act of putting the weight of one leg on the other. One gets more comfort momentarily while the other bears the weight. The truth is with love, war and politics. Sometimes the legs and feet get more warmth when they independently run smoothly and the heat builds up beneath the soles.
You know in hindsight it becomes...what leg do you give up over the other. Fun fact Microsoft started right after. A bill signed after said “how about they just put pressure on one finger.” Basically Bill Gates proposed a bill to kill people on US turf and not around the world. Basically every name on portfolio is worth from $9k to $18k to the sun ammount of his net worth. That’s easy 5m or more people. I think it’s more subversive than essential. Reason I say this is because Gaddafi went to war. Gaddafi sees planes and submarines more cost effective than ships. Ships and Bases are seen as a way to plan impregnations to further the war on American mainland bypassing genetic history. Because AuGust says all humans transgressing must do forced quarantines in between sites in little oven cells. How does the US raise money, solely with Indo-chin? While most markets are ethnic. Indochin has US govt sponsorship, all whilst having their own quarantine block unit. Meaning they could enter and leave as they want.

meds

Yep. Henson is just the epitomy of "the arrogance of youth" - which is fine, that's the job of the young. I'd bet in a couple of years he'll get bored with what he's doing and 'discover" bending, and get into it like everyone else. If he's even still in a career, I don't see much of what he's doing having much staying power. He's pretty niche now.

Tim Henson is almost 30 years old and pretending to be 19.

In time, the current Polyphia/Ichika Nito tippy tap math rock shit will be looked upon the same way people looked back on cringe wanky shredding from the 80s

>WHY DO ZOOMERS LIKE THIS WHY DON'T THEY LIKE THIS
>ABLOOBLOOBLOO ZOOMERS ZOOMERS ZOOMERS

who cares?

>le bends are bad
>le pentatonics are bad
its all so retarded and tiresome

Attached: SkyDog.jpg (400x298, 36.71K)

Why do people on this board are so obsessed with zoomers? It's just a term advertisers use to classify people. And people take it as "Oh I'm part of the uncool club because I'm old I want to be young and cool!!!" pathetic

zoomzoom

Because its the sound of an old man doing a contorted colonoscopy face while being over-indulgent and tasteless. That said some of my favorite guitar parts are defined by their sweet bends

Guitar-face isn't for bends, its for soulful vibrato on bends.

Attached: kossoff.jpg (1400x787, 352.58K)