How do you organize your Spotify content? UI is a mess

How do you organize your Spotify content? UI is a mess.

How do you find good shit instead of promoted trash?

Attached: 1661360476065.png (3840x2160, 18.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/playlist/3I0E7HAAoAq81pYZFEJ7wW?si=8001b0cc1a1149e8
open.spotify.com/playlist/6vwgNH5KCUA5QSbyRabq7S?si=c8f536b0d2314bbe
open.spotify.com/playlist/32nC8KTyAZM3KyrkJo6oyy?si=2f3561c6a3cd4536
open.spotify.com/playlist/4oDKOGLInPAS2RO0XP7HCw?si=49ee601681fe4a54
open.spotify.com/playlist/4WpDCHWQ9zNeEhkQ3lF4wv?si=5f5596af0cba49cb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

I just save albums. Sort them by creator name. I come here to find new music

My discover stuff isn't bad as long as you don't let shit you don't like play too long etc. You can easily remove some of the artists/albums so they don't influence. Don't let anyone else use it. My wife played a friggin' kids song and that shit popped up for months.

Otherwise stuff I really like goes into a Great playlist and stuff that I'd listen to again goes into a yearly. It curates pretty well after that.

You use other resources to find the music like music pages on websites such as VK, lists on RYM, the occasional decent thread on Any Forums.

I don't really organize stuff by any sort of playlists except for a very few

such as these

open.spotify.com/playlist/3I0E7HAAoAq81pYZFEJ7wW?si=8001b0cc1a1149e8

open.spotify.com/playlist/6vwgNH5KCUA5QSbyRabq7S?si=c8f536b0d2314bbe

open.spotify.com/playlist/32nC8KTyAZM3KyrkJo6oyy?si=2f3561c6a3cd4536

open.spotify.com/playlist/4oDKOGLInPAS2RO0XP7HCw?si=49ee601681fe4a54

open.spotify.com/playlist/4WpDCHWQ9zNeEhkQ3lF4wv?si=5f5596af0cba49cb

Attached: we have ascended.jpg (801x573, 75.8K)

I have playlists for different genres, and if I find an artist I like, I add one song from them to the respective genre playlist. Helps me search through my shit really fast with a granularity that is defined by me. Fuck digging through your followed artists or liked songs, and fuck using lists on an external site

Attached: 1661364493553.jpg (900x900, 57.43K)

>How do you organize your Spotify content? UI is a mess.
sort liked albums by recently added, i know where everything is like that but if you're retar you can sort by alphabetical artist
>How do you find good shit instead of promoted trash?
use a website that isn't spotify

>sorting by liked albums
This works until you listen to more music

save albums, make playlists for genres i listen
also like every song i liked, so i have one giga playlists i can shuffle
>How do you find good shit instead of promoted trash?
don't use spotify to discover music simple as

I basically keep anything I like each year to a yearly playlist, then it's easy to get a top of the year list going. There's a Good (4 star) and GREAT playlist (5 stars) and a few others like They Were Gotten if I acquired these as mp3s etc. I have some BBQ/Summer/Beach lists too and one or two collab going on with family/friends.

I just use my On Repeat playlist mostly. If I'm not listening to it enough for it to be on that playlist, then it's probably a waste of time anyway

Alright I've finally organized my sidebar and libraries in a way that feels clean and makes sense to me, so now my own shit isn't randomly mixed with algo shit or other users' lists. All my main categories displayed without having to scroll down.

I've made "master genre playlists" where I can shift+select content of other related playlists and dump them into. To avoid keeping 10 different similar playlists with overlapping songs that become repetitive.

Drives me nuts that when you bookmark another user' playlist, it doesn't copy it as "your own", so you can easily edit it to your liking. So you have to do first copy-save it as yours manually unless I'm missing something?

Using SpotX+Spicetify with most extensions enabled and added Queue and History to the sidebar.
There's this "Enhance" experimental feature that can add like 50 new related songs to a playlist, then you can decide if you keep them, that's cool.

Attached: 1655804805841.jpg (342x1022, 90.3K)

This has to be the dumbest fucking thread I've seen on this site all month. ARTIST > ALBUM > SONG is too hard for the zoomer and their spyware app.

Attached: qqfuajflpl991.jpg (570x540, 103.79K)

Or maybe some prefer more organized and granular collections

I'm pretty autistic myself and have never considered playlists beyond the one I make to fall asleep to every night. I have metatags for everything else I need, if I really want to search for genres. Also listening to anything other then the full album is a sin. Nice trips btw

Attached: Fa0DLv4UYAAYgNG.jpg (1478x1108, 211.74K)

why do you guys even use spotify? you don't own the songs, artist residuals are dogshit so its not like I'm helping them any, so I am genuinely curious.

time.

Attached: 91f.jpg (550x366, 60.22K)

>Spent covid building a library
>it got so big that will last me until death
feels so good bros

Attached: 88193766_p0.png (1200x1200, 379.7K)

This was when I also moved back to downloading all my music. I got tired of apple music / spotify / insert service here removing albums I liked because of licenses. Also I got really into self hosting all my own shit, so I have a Jellyfin server full of content now. Feels good.

Me too bro
good looks B)

It is a total mess. Having your own downloaded music library is way more effort but totally wins in terms of organisation. But streaming is way better in terms of efficiency and convenience.

I used to 'like' full albums, but I soon reached Spotify's 'congrats, you've saved 10,000 songs, now fuck off' message. Google suggests the 'liked songs' cap has been completely removed now though? Which is good, but I still just save the first track on any album/EP, don't need every album track showing up under 'liked' songs.

I make playlists for every year of releases I save, and playlists by genre as well sometimes (since there's no option to filter by these under albums or songs, which is retarded.) Not sure if you can 'save' as many albums are you want as well now since they introduced that feature ('saving' the album used to just auto-'like' every track on the album (again, retarded) but now the albums as a whole are treated separately to the individual tracks, thankfully.)