Hip Hop composes nearly 20% of music from 2022 as cataloged by RYM. How do you feel about this, Any Forums?

Hip Hop composes nearly 20% of music from 2022 as cataloged by RYM. How do you feel about this, Any Forums?

Attached: hip hop in 2022.png (1000x826, 178.96K)

supplemental information: rock releases in 2021 and 2022 make up 26.7% and 27% of releases respectively. a greater share than rap, but the lowest it has been since 1977!

Attached: rock in 2022.png (1513x559, 34.25K)

Every black person in America has a soundcloud with at least one rap song on it, that's why when a complete rando gets killed the headlines call him a rapper.

Im guessing Taylor Swift-esque pop encompasses the largest percentage?

*shrugs

largest percentage is electronic music, which at a wopping 33.81% of all uploaded music, has had a major rise since 2005.

Attached: electronic in 2022.png (971x485, 27.84K)

>How do you feel about this, Any Forums?
I've never visited that website and don't care what mutts listen too. If a lot of people like hip hop, that means they are stupid and there's less competition in the world. So that's good for me.

the chart is simply showing the data
RYM, love it or hate it, is an absurdly comprehensive catalogue of music releases
I don't know how this could possibly get a tantrum out of you

retard

typical ignorant yuropoor

that's a very wide tag

The barrier for entry is so low for rap its no wonder every dark-skinned project housing ne'er-do-well takes a crack at it.

>Rock is dying
FINALLY

Where've you been mate? It's been dead since 2010

>The barrier for entry is so low
well next time elect a president who make black less poorer
daily reminder: trump lost

this and not only black people. ever watched some videos from andrew callaghan? everybody in america seems to be a rapper nowadays it's crazy.

>Hip Hop composes nearly 20% of music from 2022 as cataloged by RYM. How do you feel about this, Any Forums?
That's fine with me, I'm not a hater

hip hop more shit shit hop, rap more like crap.

Rap music is so incredibly easy to make that a 5 year old could do it, yet most rap songs are still low-quality shit with beats made in 5 minutes and special needs lyrics.

Music being easy or hard to make doesn't mean shit, what matters is if it sounds good or it has interesting lyrics.
You sound like some mathrock or metalfag pseud.
That said, rap sucks.

meh, I don't need RYM to tell me that it's cold in the arctic, low production cost/values means that bedroom hip hop is easier to churn out than some ten piece bluegrass neopagan prog album

Yeah well that's the thing numb nuts, its a lot easier to make something that sounds shit with dumb lyrics.

Amazing statement, mommys little genius over here.