Does Any Forums make music or just listen to it...

Does Any Forums make music or just listen to it? I've got a few year old keyboard now and I'm going to give learning it a shot. Any tips, tricks, or memes before I dust that baby off?

Attached: learn-piano-on-a-keyboard1550004644.jpg (2057x1370, 267.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2IQy143A_vU
youtube.com/watch?v=S_s2InH_pFk
youtube.com/watch?v=B0UfYdN6TuE
youtube.com/watch?v=gSiFEXYiEaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I miss my old keyboard that got lost in a move. What recommendations does Any Forums have for a new one?

>acquired a 19th century piano in 2020
>hopes of finally learning how to play
>only after getting it do I realize I have terrible stage fright and can't play when others are home
>manage practice time when alone
>slowly lose the desire to learn
>have barely touched it in the past year
I also have permanent trigger finger in both of my pinkies that's triggered especially when in the playing position, so fuck me I guess.

Attached: 1655256028156.jpg (618x455, 25.35K)

How good did you get?

Good thing trigger finger is treatable. Time to work on that stage fright.

Attached: file.jpg (1024x1024, 63.97K)

Still very novice, I have little knowledge of theory and no natural talent, so I can't really give a descriptive analysis of my progress. I just wanted to be able to play my favorite songs and maybe learn to improvise
I hope it can be treated, idk if it's actually trigger finger, I just know they lock and catch when used in certain ways

Attached: file.png (785x565, 87.38K)

>want to learn piano
>prefer to learn songs made for the instrument rather than covers
>don't like classical, jazz, pop, or rock piano
am i fucked bros?

Attached: 1652002918745.jpg (236x238, 7.94K)

Looks like it's JRPG soundtracks for you!

Attached: ffix4chanpls.gif (200x150, 3.25M)

What do you like then?

learn 7th chords and make smooth jazz rnb indie chillwave if u want pussy

the problem is i barely like anything for the instrument and when i try to find new stuff it all falls under those 4 categories. most of the stuff i do like is weeb/vgm shit but most piano in those genres is cheesy crap too
youtube.com/watch?v=2IQy143A_vU
youtube.com/watch?v=S_s2InH_pFk
youtube.com/watch?v=B0UfYdN6TuE
youtube.com/watch?v=gSiFEXYiEaU
my last resort if i don't find any artists i like is to just buck up and start learning classical music that i don't really care about

Yup made lots of music following the trends of the times
>metalcore guitarist in high school band
>dj and produced electro during the bloghouse era
>played drums in a garage punk band in the early 2010s
>played guitar and sung in a post surf band in the late 2010s
this is the first time in my teen to adult life I'm not actively playing music

What are you doing now instead?

raising kids and being a married, middle aged man

You definitely won't regret learning classical music. I'm a self taught programmer and I have to say that the "You don't have to reinvent the wheel" bullshit is just a meme. Reinventing the wheel gives you a solid foundation to build your craft on.

good point, i feel the same

Buy a keyboard and learn Fusion songs or old electronica like YMO then, weeb. It's a transferable skill like learning electric guitar because you hate the songs played on an acoustic.

>learn Fusion songs
any recs?

I think learning the piano is a great skill to have no matter what you do with music
I would suggest demoing midi keyboards at a music store because some of the cheap ones have bad velocity curves and stuff like that
You should get a practice keyboard and plug in headphones, then when you can play a piece well you can show it off on the good piano

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIRh9UTA70Q
T-Square, Casiopea or pretty much any old city pop where someone is spasing out on a synth (so all of them) you could learn on a keyboard if you don't want to jump right into learning a synth and paying out the nose for one.
They all learned on a piano/keyboard first anyway.