The Canterbury scene was the peak of prog rock

The Canterbury scene was the peak of prog rock

Attached: Caravan(1971)_booklet01.jpg (1200x630, 316.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VZclp9pAvwM
youtube.com/watch?v=VjhOK1uR4nc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This Israeli Canterbury inspired album was really good
youtube.com/watch?v=VZclp9pAvwM

Were bands like Soft Machine and Gong considered part of that scene? If not who were the major bands representing it?

I'd say Soft Machine kicked the whole scene off

soft machine is the core band.it begat caravan(via the wild flowers) gong, robert wyatt, kevin ayers etc

Very nice, I will check out the rest of the album. The flute is probably my favorite wind instrument used in prog.
Caravan, Soft Machine, Gong, and Hatfield and the North are what I would consider the major bands. The interesting thing is that all of the members of these bands were constantly forming one off groups and playing in each other's bands

Yeah man, prog rock.
*jaw-cracking yawn*

youtube.com/watch?v=VjhOK1uR4nc

Why was Kevin such a chad?

prog is literally the only good music that has been made in the past 60 years

Thanks for the input. I really like early Soft Machine and Gong when Daevid Allen was in the band. Heard of Caravan and Hatfield and the North but never listened to them. I'll check them out. Also never realized how interconnected these bands were to each other. I had heard that Daevid Allen was an original member of Soft Machine but had to quit because of a passport issue and he couldn't tour with them.

love gong and kevin ayers personally, not super familiar with canterbury in general, but i think ayers and allen were in each others bands at various points post soft machine . dont sleep on kevin ayers, although hes certainly less 'proggy' than the others. matching mole is good too (essentially robert wyatt solo)

Hare hare ladies' lavatory...

Attached: Hare hare ladies' lavatory.jpg (530x296, 37.27K)

love this record

based butt rock enjoyer

You mean rock in opposition right?

Prog is for turbo virgins

Someone didn't get a kiss from the golf girl

HOLY FUCKING BENNY HILL THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN, BLACK ADDER CUNT

is henry cow actually canterbury? they are so different than the rest but they always get lumped in with soft machine and hatfield for some reason. I know frith and wyatt collaborated but there's got to be more

Kind of since they were undoubtedly influenced by it and have collaborated with people from the scene. They were mostly kind of there own thing, which became the rock in opposition movement later on.

My gf likes Yes and Rush. She also likes Supper's Ready.
She'd never go deep into prog like me but she likes some of the entry stuff, as long as it has some catchy bits sometimes

>formed in Cambridge
I don't think they make the cut

is this lp canterbury? (if so i agree with op)

Attached: McDonald and Giles.jpg (1600x1595, 1.29M)

This would be true if King Crimson's Red and Discipline didn't exist.

Yes, they're both canterbury though I think Caravan is more representative of the scene.

a little bit