Vocals were the only thing that ever mattered in rock music and that's why it's a dead genre

Vocals were the only thing that ever mattered in rock music and that's why it's a dead genre.
How do you tell apart different bands? It's impossible until the vocals start. All of the noodling and instrumental wankery is just there to meet a condition. Rock fans say things like "oooh the way he plays is unmistakeable" but that's a lie. If a new instrumental recording was released and it didn't have the artist's name attached to it you would have no idea who it is.

Attached: gettyimages-1070303556-612x612.jpg (408x612, 22.04K)

>How do you tell apart different bands? It's impossible until the vocals start.
you can't tell led zeppelin from husker du from iron maiden without hearing the vocals?

Vocals are completely optional. It's not music if you don't have the instruments.

what is acapella then?

silence is the foundation that serves the foundation of its cretivity

I know an Opeth riff the second I hear it
I know Geddy's bass playing right away
I know a Tony Iommi riff without hearing Ozzy
Very good bait I'll give you that you can very easily imagine a person this musically illiterate

Name 20 famous rock bands with acapellas

I know a Jesus Lizard bass line instantly

It means I'm listening to the Jesus Lizard or any noise rock band from 2010+

>Rock fans say things like "oooh the way he plays is unmistakeable" but that's a lie.

NGMI

Attached: 1602025937524.jpg (360x450, 50.5K)

Lyrics are overrated, most of the time the musician sings something that sounds good.

Ironic that you posted a picture of Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins have one of the most distinct music styles of any band, you can easily recognize them without the vocals, even on a track you've never heard before.

This is just pleb talk here, OP. There are so many subtleties in rock playing, once you listen to enough of it, you recognize these qualities over and above the vocals. I.E., John Bonham's drumming, INSTANTLY recognizable, or John Entwistle's bass, or, I hate to say it, but Slash's guitar (he's sooooo self-indulgent, I fucking HATE Slash). And the list goes on and on and on. I guarantee you, you have 10 of the greatest guitarists play the exact same solo, and I can identify at least 9 of them.

You'll learn. If you listen long enough.

lots of famous rock bands have songs with a capella sections
Eagles, Yes, Beatles, Van Halen, Journey, Queen, Kansas, Doobie Brothers, Grateful Dead, Little River Band, Styx, Beach Boys, that's more than half way there

Hi Billy

David Gilmour
Not instantly recognizable.

Decent try OP. I'll give you 5/10.

Y'all just got baited and failed miserably

Attached: 0n1emlpm3gj91.jpg (960x918, 184.78K)

LOL you just countertrolled BIG TIME!!

Now name 20 famous rock bands where there is only a singer and no other instruments present

niggers aren't human

Looks like the fucking crypt keeper

I disagree. Lyrics don't matter in music
t. goregrind fan

>The human voice isn't an instrument when used for singing
Brainlet take