Thoughts on his guitar chops?

Thoughts on his guitar chops?

Attached: kiss-ace-frehley.jpg (2700x1863, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gw5-pGKpRHk
youtu.be/pyQF7lUaZfQ?t=104
youtube.com/watch?v=nsygbK8kNsA
youtu.be/q6wDOGeVpKc?t=324
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He invented Groove Metal 16 years before Pantera's first album
youtube.com/watch?v=gw5-pGKpRHk

highly underrated.

if he's good enough for sam, he's good enoguh for me.

easily the most talented member of the band, although that's a rather low bar
he tends to be underrated in the "best guitarists" question but at least he's a massive influence on metal guitarists

Simple, soulful.
youtu.be/pyQF7lUaZfQ?t=104

Attached: ace1c1f7c57236060d76ef1045b64fe1c06.jpg (403x550, 192.41K)

this, being talented in a band like kiss means nothing. I can say the same for megadeath, which is a better band, but every shredder mustaine employed had better albums than megadeath

Attached: cacophony rules.jpg (535x535, 48.68K)

any distaste i have for him stems from his association to kiss and their rock magazine drama and how he keeps spouting he "doesn't even know the notes you tune your guitar to" when he clearly does know
which isn't saying much, he's a great player and everybody i admire admires him so

>speed metal symphony is a better album than any megadeth album
You're full of shit fella
>being talented in a band like kiss means nothing
Let me guess, you think music needs to be complex to be good

Attached: DaveIwgtar.jpg (630x420, 39.24K)

the only likeable thing about kiss

lmao what a fucking fag. cacophony sucks and even marty will tell you that nowadays. literally just running up and down scale and arpeggio patters non stop

The Love Gun solos he plays at the end are awesome

Is this the glam blues all the kids are talking about nowadays? Im digging it my guy!!!

Cacophony is from a songwriting perspective amateur crap, you could have at least had an argument if you posted dragon's kiss or perpetual burn.

le neoclassical wanking xD!

Frehley was probably the only genuinely talented member of KISS. He's also a drunk and a complete asshole from all accounts. But fuck, THIS RIFF RIGHT HERE: youtube.com/watch?v=nsygbK8kNsA That's rock and roll.

Attached: Kiss-unmasked.jpg (612x612, 128.52K)

>he keeps spouting he "doesn't even know the notes you tune your guitar to" when he clearly does know

youtu.be/q6wDOGeVpKc?t=324

Yeah that's my point, he always goes like "oh no I don't know shit lmao" and then he proceeds to know a ton of shit. So much shit in fact he made millions off of it.

Nice contrast to Gene's braggadocio, tho. Yeah, Ace has chops, and knows what the fuck he is doing.

I agree Ace was the most talented at playing his instrument, easily. But I maintain Paul Stanley was a very talented songwriter and vocalist, Gene was an adequate bass player and had a good/cool singing voice, and Peter had a great rock voice (I don't think he sucked as a drummer but he certainly wasn't your typical hard rock drummer)

That's why even though Ace was the best instrumentalist I gotta say Paul is my favorite member (in terms of music), because he wrote the majority of my favorite KISS songs. And yea, I acknowledge too most of those songs feature Ace and would be missing something without his contribution, so Ace gets props even there, but still

Attached: paulace.jpg (720x540, 60.05K)

Megadeth largely sucks, but you're insane if you think that is better than Peace Sells or Rust in Peace