Is there any band that combines heavy alternative rock/sludge metal (like nirvana...

Is there any band that combines heavy alternative rock/sludge metal (like nirvana, melvins and weezer) with dream pop (like cocteau twins and the softer songs of gish-era Smashing Pumpkins)? pic unrelated

Attached: 1647306826285.png (474x588, 42.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q2_vW8jN454
youtube.com/watch?v=v6AK6iW4sHE
youtube.com/watch?v=T78L442Gmq4
youtube.com/watch?v=bkO5szkjJj4
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZDWbAQFGZs
youtube.com/watch?v=khPqYH23F-E
youtube.com/watch?v=WLO2fppkO14
youtube.com/watch?v=5sKn5e62tNs
didyoudie.bandcamp.com/track/only-one-i
youtube.com/watch?v=GsQ4gTDUkiU
youtube.com/watch?v=7XadIVdxJUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cLv637kFzR8
youtube.com/watch?v=jcNgf6Rp_XI
youtube.com/watch?v=sz81o6-X3pY
youtube.com/watch?v=eg6oam97C3g
youtube.com/watch?v=9dc0n5UkMOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Uhh Siamese Dream era Smashing Pumkins?

I am decidedly not a fan of most of Siamese Dream (or any of the bands it inspired like Hum, Failure, Nemo, etc)

maybe you'd like this loathe song?
youtube.com/watch?v=q2_vW8jN454

Tey Lantlos - Wildhund

Hum is probably the most accurate answer to what you're searching for
youtube.com/watch?v=v6AK6iW4sHE

I'll throw out some songs, see if you like any of them. it'll be easier to give you recs knowing which kind of sound you're actually looking for
youtube.com/watch?v=T78L442Gmq4
youtube.com/watch?v=bkO5szkjJj4
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZDWbAQFGZs
youtube.com/watch?v=khPqYH23F-E
youtube.com/watch?v=WLO2fppkO14
youtube.com/watch?v=5sKn5e62tNs
didyoudie.bandcamp.com/track/only-one-i

This is pretty cool, the synths were a welcome surprise
Teenage Wrist were the closest to scratching my itch so far, definitely gonna start following them

youtube.com/watch?v=GsQ4gTDUkiU
youtube.com/watch?v=7XadIVdxJUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cLv637kFzR8
youtube.com/watch?v=jcNgf6Rp_XI

youtube.com/watch?v=sz81o6-X3pY
The only thing you need is this band. Check the album All is Chaos.

youtube.com/watch?v=eg6oam97C3g

True widow

>sounds poppy and annoying

''indie'' rock from the 2000s?

Wow, I didn't expect many good responses, and while nothing here is exactly what I wanted, a large majority of it is pretty great

genuinely some of the stuff from the smith

Like what? I thought I had all their albums. While some of it does indeed rock pretty hard (like the Meat is Murder material) I wouldn't say anything packs the punch of Houdini or the Blue Album.

>Is there any band that combines heavy alternative rock/sludge metal (like nirvana, melvins and weezer) with dream pop (like cocteau twins and the softer songs of gish-era Smashing Pumpkins)?
goth.

never thought I'd see weezer described as sludge metal but you might like this youtube.com/watch?v=9dc0n5UkMOI

That’s called shoegaze

I've tried several basic goth bands like Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy and Alien Sex Fiend. None of it appealed to me. The only bands to do anything "goth" and make it enjoyable for me have been Samhain and Type O Negative.
It's not that Weezer are really sludgy, but I'd say the distorted guitars on Blue are about as powerful as those on Houdini. You could say what I'm really after is the alternation of these two styles rather than a mix, where they can start all dreamy or something and then pummel you with distortion.

melodic goth

Maybe Isis?

You mean Ween?