Korn are a great band and I'm sick of pretending their not

Korn are a great band and I'm sick of pretending their not.

Attached: ab67616d0000b2737153b1cf6ee990c2a9fa46cc.jpg (640x640, 183.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mJSyXqBKVpY
youtube.com/watch?v=Sq8JphupxhY
youtube.com/watch?v=nDKptWMsWSU
youtube.com/watch?v=OXgOSyLSydk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first album is a bit emo but im sick of pretending that life is peachy isnt their best album
especially no place to hide

im sorry nigga i guess im hijacking this shit
first album is close but peachy has more bangers and they are just as raw, just less emo than stuff like daddy

I was listening to them last night, sonically pretty cool but damn..."ARE YOU READY?! They're kinda cringe... I know that's low and the kinda response you'll use a wojack to reply with, but in lack of a better word they are pretty cringe. That's fine cause I love cringe so I can have fun with it, but damn they're too fucking edgy for 2022, not in the sense that they go "too far" or anything, edgy in the sense that they're superficially emotional...doesn't seem sincere though it probably does come from a place of sincerity. Just strange.

But the music of Korn is sick, it's kinda just their image.

not gonna lie "are you ready" sounds gay as hell, it just was the standard at the time i guess though, so it worked. You just have to trust me when i say, are you ready was cool. It was a combination of things, 7 string guitars was cool for example.

singles band

They are good at being nu-metal I’ll give them that

Yeah but I can't get into them. Their music is extremely awkward & unsettling. Extremely upfront in their expression. They always “go there” & do what I'm kinda hoping in the back of my mind they won't do. The singer was straight up crying in one of the songs on their debut album. But it's powerful art in the end.

Something tells me you're a fat mexican

I'm surprised at how solid they are throughout, even their worst records are still listenable enough. It is kind of a shame that the self-titled was mostly a one-off and their archetypal sound is more accurately represented by an album like Issues but hey, it's still good shit. Self-titled just hits different, is all.

Jonathan has a lot of baggage. Nothing superficial about their last 2 for sure though, Nothing's about living with the death of his wife and mom while Requiem's about beginning the process of moving on. You could say Korn III isn't superficial as well but the way those emotions were forced out of the band was as a bid to try and recreate the intensity of their debut (it did not). Last 2 are completely natural though.

*They're

I really love their first 3 albums, specially Life is Peachy, but holy fuck it's pure cringe from there on

I actually don't care for Follow The Leader. Yeah, it has the 2 bona fide hits and Children of the Korn stands out enough in a good way. Rest of the album's totally disposable IMO. I can't imagine not liking Issues though. Untouchables onwards, whatever, but Issues is straight gold.

maybe I should relisten to issues but I really liked them at the time, even watched them live a couple of times and when issues came out I was like wtf is this and had to listen to it 10 times before I could really get it.
after that I was a bit older and just didn't care at all I guess, but I still come back to their first 2 albums at least once or twice a year

I don't listen to nu-metal as much anymore but I hold a special place for Korn. Sure the whole "muh wah wah angst coming from grown adults" can be seen as a bit cringe, but I always felt like Korn were genuine in what they did, not just chasing trends or chasing a demographic like some of the shit that came after them

>Yeah, it has the 2 bona fide hits and Children of the Korn stands out enough in a good way.
I'll take "Dead Bodies Everywhere" over "Children of the Korn", but Issues is one of my favorites, I agree with user that it's better than Follow the Leader. Favorite tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=mJSyXqBKVpY
youtube.com/watch?v=Sq8JphupxhY
youtube.com/watch?v=nDKptWMsWSU
youtube.com/watch?v=OXgOSyLSydk

I think Issues is somewhat similar to FtL in sound, but has a better more dark atmosphere

Their 90s material is solid nu-metal
The Untouchables onward was a downward trend.

Honestly, I think they've been back in an upward swing since Paradigm Shift. They aren't really harping on that old Korn rhythm section as much these days but they have settled on a more conventional, honestly classier alt metal sound and with some sharp, professional songwriting that's just getting sharper as the years go on. Their last 2 have been an Issues/Untouchables tier one-two punch, some of their best material in decades.

They're a great band and incredibly underrated. For what they are they're pretty sophisticated and have some absolute bangers

lmao imagine not being ready

>not just chasing trends or chasing a demographic like some of the shit that came after them

Attached: paparoached.jpg (1008x503, 73.23K)

i feel ya, my circle of friends for the past 20 years had a vast preference for music, there where always the ravers, the hip hop heads, the metalheads, peope who were just into pop etc. but every fucking where you could find people who loved Korn.

I've loved them since the the first time i've heard them, my friend showed me Y'all Want a Single while we played UT 2k4. I don't like a lot of their new music at all, but their first few albums are absolutely incredible.