Musician

I'm a talented musician who's struggling to pick a path in life

I could either produce my own heavy music with vocals & lyrics, start a band, and tour that
or
compose for media such as video games and films

it's clear to me now that I have to pick one and stick to it closely but I don't know what to do!
outside of my career choice, I have a burning desire to start a family, and I believe being a composer that mainly works from home will allow me to be a better father & husband?

Attached: ms1.jpg (1874x1192, 450.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/1llQrRQzwHGF
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lel whew lads

*farts LOUD as fuck*

bro has his 3x3 in his room wtf

Make sure you take your meds

Tour your own music then when you are 40 or 50 transfer over to film scoring. All the badasses do that.
>Nick Cave
>Dan Deacon
>Thom Yorke
Etc..

The first probably won't make you money. The 2nd may make you money if you have some sort of way to get in the industry. Literally just follow your dreams but be semi realistic as to how much drive, passion, and ability you have to do this. Music is weird cause its such a corporate thing. Without record labels pushing you or going viral on tik tok its hard to go anywhere.

how poor are you and did ur dad abuse you? or no dad at all
projecting some bad daddy issues here bro, or sis? you probably wish you were born a woman

>music as a career
>wanting to make money
Stop. That ship has sailed 30 years ago. Find an actually reasonable vocation for yourself and make music on your free time as a personal artistic endeavour.

there's more money in composition than ever considering the amount of shit being released & consumed daily, not much talent though

There's no room in the industry for sincere artists anymore, only thing one can do if he doesn't come from wealth already, is muzak. The suits stopped taking risks a long time ago

what's a sincere artist, an artist with empathy?
most people don't have high empathy and their music reflects that which s why it's made 'for them;' and not 'for others' thus a lot of ear-rape is being made by these 'sincere artists' and other 'sincere people' are consuming it and think they're smarter than others

Attached: 1654351253628.jpg (3851x2166, 1.48M)

Post your music

>I'm talented
Not likely

voca.ro/1llQrRQzwHGF
projection

this was a joke right, it sounds like this guy's post

This is the best you could come up with?

yea I got too many ideas floating and not enough produced shit hence my dilemma... where do I focus my time & efforts
don't get confused, no matter how much my genuine confidence intimidates and infuriates you my work is 10/10

good luck getting into the scoring/composing world. if you thought jewish nepotism was bad in the music industry, just WAIT till you get a load of the scoring world.

>voca.ro/1llQrRQzwHGF
u havin a laff m8? i mean the riffing ain't bad, but you're smoking CRACK if you think someone in the industry is gonna hear that and then hire you on making six figures a year scoring big budget films. maybe start with writing stuff that could get played on the radio, then set your sights for the film/video game scoring side of things.

stop being a faggot
simple as

Glad I asked

Attached: 1661285469072588.gif (177x150, 1.74M)

Well for one write songs first the you see if you produce them

hahahahahaha
fuckin mealbabby retard

Explain pls

bro someone asked me to post something and I posted the last thing I recorded
truth is I don't have much to share since it's all melodies, rhythms and general musical ideas because I don't know if I'm going to write songs or score media

that's what I've been exploring for the past month; I've been doing music for fun my entire life and it's best I focus it as a career now

Attached: 1661100257924260.jpg (1440x1081, 119.6K)