Holy shit

holy shit

Attached: Huey_Lewis_and_the_News_-_Sports.png (300x300, 165.93K)

holy shit what? holy shit this is trash? holy shit this is genius? what? learn to articulate your thoughts, zoomer scum

lurk moar

Yeah, I know, right?
This proves that the early 80s actually had some decent music.

You're acting like this album didn't exist

Attached: nebraska-51cc9e850f43b.jpg (1000x1000, 943.67K)

They really came into their own with that album.

The thriller of yuppie rock

That's because this is a Huey Lewis and The News thread, not a Bruce Springsteen thread...

holy shit

Attached: 1601405155004.jpg (500x500, 46.61K)

been here since 2007, now learn to articulate or fuck off

Nice.

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released pic related; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Attached: Huey Lewis and the News - Fore!.jpg (1300x1299, 303.96K)

Memes aside this is a pretty boring album, one of their weakest for me

nice dubs

Too black-sounding.

It's a Huey Lewis thread & its full of dubs!

Attached: dubs 13.jpg (300x300, 20.25K)

>Go to the local bar to watch the game
>See The News there
>Fucks sake
>Try to leave
>Huey Lewis appears and blocks the door
>He smiles at me and says 'SPORTS'
>Realise I'm in for a night of getting butt-stroked at the pool table

And you thought

"If this is it"

i dont like his face
he looks like he would try to steal my gf, or wife even, without thinking about my feelings

I found it in a thrift store that doesn’t sell many records, for like one pound and I said to myself, ok why not. Once home, played it, and it sucks, I want to get rid of it.
Unless I got somehow filtered but I really dislike it. Not the worst shit, it’s just boring and it reminds me of everything I dislike about the 80s.

My exact reaction to "Fore"