Did people back in the 70s have a higher tolerance for ugly frontmen or ugly bands in general?

Did people back in the 70s have a higher tolerance for ugly frontmen or ugly bands in general?

Attached: steven tyler.jpg (600x926, 61.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA
youtube.com/watch?v=OMD8hBsA-RI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

women had lower expectations back then

Cute boys and girls didn’t make music. Grown men who could t get jobs were the ones who made rebellious music. Really the incels of their time.

Elderfag here, grew up in the 70's. It wasn't about tolerance of musicians' appearance back then, in most cases you had very little idea of what an artist looked like. In some cases there were a few photos available on album covers or dust sleeves. Some rock artists could occasionally be seen in magazines though for the most part it was the pop artists who appeared. I mean I remember being a big Aerosmith fan, and just having the vaguest concept of what they looked like - you just can't tell much from having seen only a couple photos of someone. Even going to concerts, there was no giant video screen above the stage, you'd have to be in the first few rows to get a good view of those guys.

I never knew what Pink Floyd looked like. I never knew what Led Zeppelin or Rush looked like. I had a good idea of what David Bowie looked like but that's because he put so many photographs of himself on his albums. Most artists didn't.

Anyway yeah, these guys could have been hideous and no one would care because no one really knew. You just bought albums and listened to them because you dug the music, literally no other reason.

Attached: elviscostello.jpg (297x502, 16.91K)

Elvis wasn't a bad looking guy desu

On the radio you can look however

Attached: cat.jpg (800x450, 150.59K)

>Cute boys and girls didn’t make music
what? there were always Barbie doll girl singers and cutesy teen idols like Fabian and Bobby Vee.

the 80s was the first decade where looks became important b/c MTV. the big four grunge bands got where they did in large part because they had attractive frontmen.

explain ozzie then

>Darling, you have to understand, in Britain in the '60s, you could be a sex symbol and still have bad teeth. It didn't matter.

Attached: 360[1].jpg (360x360, 17.8K)

He made up for it through his charisma and he was already famous before MTV ruined everything. Also Sharon marketing the shit out of him.

A lot of 70s bands couldn't make the transition to MTV because they were too fucking ugly.

they didnt care about looks...they just let the music do the talking

name ten (10)

For one thing most of the Southern rock scene (I think the Molly Hatchet frontman or something said "We were all just too ugly.") Also REO Speedwagon and Journey were absolutely destroyed by attempting music videos.

Groovy baby

>Journey were absolutely destroyed by attempting music videos.
bullshit, this video was all over MTV.
youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA

as was this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=OMD8hBsA-RI

they conciously decided to stop making videos...but not because they were "destroyed"

Journey sucks anyways

>hurrdurr
sure thing Skippy.

Attached: Hurrdurr.gif (202x200, 786.68K)

not that user and I don't even care to read anything above but Journey is one of the worst bands of all time
no cap fr fr

Cope. They're corporate rock shit