Jerry Allison DEAD

One of the founding members of Buddy Holly and The Crickets (he was their drummer):

>Jerry Allison, Drummer For Buddy Holly’s Crickets, Dead At 82

>Jerry Allison, who famously drummed with Buddy Holly and the Crickets, has died. He was 82. The news was confirmed on the official Buddy Holly Facebook page.

>Originally from Hillsboro, Texas, Allison formed the Crickets with Holly, bassist Joe B. Mauldin, and rhythm guitarist Niki Sullivan in 1957. Sullivan soon dropped out, and the Crickets became a trio. Allison famously co-wrote major hits such as “That’ll Be the Day” and “Peggy Sue.”

>After Holly died in a plane crash in 1959, Allison retained control of the band’s name and continued to tour and record as the Crickets with a rotating cast of band members. In 2007, Allison was inducted into the Musicians Hall Of Fame And Museum in Nashville as a member of the Crickets, and in 2012, he was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

stereogum.com/2197120/jerry-allison-drummer-for-buddy-hollys-crickets-dead-at-82/news/

Attached: the-crickets-courtesy-of-jerry-allison[1].jpg (920x736, 383.86K)

page 10 no replies? Any Forums you should be ashamed.
F

RIP. Every day we get closer to this era of music no longer being living memory.

oh my god not jerry allison. noo. mod sticky

>sound of crickets

rip
dilate

Jason Spaceman of Spiritualized talked about this once
>If we went back to the 50s and 60s, we'd still somewhat relate to the people there, but if we went back to the Great Gatsby roaring 20s era, it would be a foreign landscape. This amazing thing called rock n' roll is slowly slipping further and further away

Any Forums only cares about the based Bopman

Attached: Bopper .jpg (1074x1281, 222.89K)

RIP
Iktf
Big Bopper? More like Big Brapper

F

Most won’t know him but F

based Jason Spaceman, doesn't surprise me that someone able to create beautiful music is also a sensitive person.
yeah since Lemmy we are closer to this perspective.
jazz decline was faster, in the 70s/80s there were very few big names still alive. a wonderful documentary on the life of Tony Scott narrates that in the 80s he was playing with mediocre jazz musicians and he felt lost, "all my friends are dead" and he played with Coltrane and all the big names of bebop, a world that disappeared already 40 years ago.
Rip to Jerry Allison he was great with Buddy Holly

Imagine how Jerry Lee Lewis must feel

NOO NOT THE HECKIN CRICKET DRUMMER, WE"RE LOSING GOOD OL WHITE AMERICA!!!

Or guys like Tony Bennett or Harry Belafonte who started recording in the 1940's. They worked with people who have been DEAD for almost 70 years.

get sticky

Chantilly Lace is a bop.

GET STICKY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I DISLIKE LE ZOOM

get stick'd

stucky