This is very good actually

This is very good actually.

Attached: Modest_Mouse_-_No_One's_First,_And_You're_Next.jpg (220x220, 19.73K)

Does he try singing on this one?

its good but doesnt compare to this, peak mm is this, good news, and sad sappy sucker

Attached: 812IatBvxCL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 443.55K)

the sellout period wasn't too bad
but after this Isaac started doing drugs again and fried his brain which resulted in borderline incompetent bullshit like Strangers to Ourselves and The Golden Casket

This album is dangerously close to 10/10

>peak mm is this, good news
Boy do I not agree with that, but I love We Were Dead. Far more than I ever thought I would.

this is the one where I stopped listening

WE LAUGH ABOUT PAYING RENT
BECAUSE THE COUNTY JAILS, THEYRE FREE

I have a feeling this is probably what actually happened. But fuck I'd like to think it's all this fuckers fault instead.

Attached: 1661090044569265.jpg (496x619, 36.23K)

i havent really been into modest mouse but i did really like what op was talking about. is that a good album to listen to next if i liked no one's first?

For me is King Rat

yes, the ep is mostly b-sides from We Were Dead and Good News

yeah what the guy above me said, we were dead is just a better no ones first

ok i see you on golden casket but strangers to ourselves is an excellent album

i can't listen to Shit In Your Cut without vividly imagining someone dropping a log on a massive, gushing gash.

The only songs i like are Lampshades, Ground Walks and Coyotes, everything is mediocre to bad, it's also bloated as fuck even more so than We Were Dead despite being shorter, most of the songs are horribly structured, like Shit In Your Cut, Pups to Dust, Tortoise. the opening track feels unfinished, the closing track is grating and also repetitive, Ansel has a bad and misguided melody, mediocre lyrics too despite the personal subject matter. But Pistol is actually overhated, it's a funny song.
I probably liked more songs on The Golden Casket than on StO. I liked We're Lucky, Wooden Soliders, Never Fuck A Spider on A Fly is pretty funny schizo shit. But some other songs also suffer from bad, misguided structure, the opening track, The Sun Hasn't Left, Japanese Trees. It is also over compressed, especially noticed on Back To The Middle which isn't a totally bad song but the production fucks it up. Lace Your Shoes is kinda cute. But also completely out of place.

>Shit In Your Cut
poep in je kut

while i dissagree i do admit that album had its issues but i still belive all those songs you commented on are good

I called it quits after Moon and Antartica.
This band sucks and you should feel bad for liking them.

i do feel bad for you

I can understand not liking Strangers and TGC but everything else is pretty fuckin great imo.