Pop punk appreciation thread post some of your favorites

pop punk appreciation thread post some of your favorites

Attached: IMG_20220822_145224_124.jpg (760x751, 69.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u38TqU5rAyk&ab_channel=blink182VEVO
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dave Clark Five

Attached: we are in here and we taking up space.png (269x187, 11.08K)

>blink
>pop punk

Bits n pieces is a bop.

ah hell naw bruh wtf deadass

>billy talent
what a horrible band name

Yes? What else would you call them?

Pic related. Pop Punk is garbage.

pop

>pop success
fall out boy: all their pre hiatus stuff (take this to your grave, from under the fork tree fit more as pop punk, but infinity on high and folie still have a bit of punk and are excellent)
paramore: post riot especially, brand new eyes is amazing pop punk, and self titled and after laughter are excellent pop
>successful in the pop punk world
pup: all is great, but the dream is over, morbid stuff, and unraveling of puptheband are all fucking incredible
neck deep: life’s not out to get you is one of my all time favorites, the peace and the panic and wishful thinking are decent but not near that level
the wonder years: suburbia is a really damn solid album, and their new singles seem to bode well. also like some other random songs like raining in kyoto and passing through a screen door
origami angel: gami gang and somewhere city are both fucking great albums, couldn’t get into their EPs that much though, even though hoenn themed pop punk is right up my album
bearings: blue in the dark is a pretty good album, and sway off of hello it’s you is a great song on the poppier side
spanish love songs: brave faces everyone and schmaltz are both amazing records, and even giant sings the blues has some good stuff on it
>state champs: the finer things is a really simple, effective pop punk album and so is kings of the new age from this year
>actually sort of underground
you, me, and everyone we know: some things don’t wash out is a great album, and they’ve got stand outs on other projects, like i can get back up off so young so insane and F.I.N.E. off their newest album
>save face: sounds like mcr in the best way, i love another kill for the highlight reel. some people prefer their older stuff but i disagree
>chumped: disbanded years ago, but their self titled EP and their LP both have some solid songs off them. “something about lemons” is a personal favorite
>pinkshift: saccharine is all time EP and their singles since have me excited for their LP

Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

blink is literally the only pop punk band there

fuck i’m stupid and switched up my formatting halfway through. also ran out of space, but here’s a few more recs
>neutral snap
>pollyanna
>born without bones
>cartel
>hoity-toity
>cleveland avenue
>city mouth
>disco inc
>eat your heart out
>grayscale
>the home team
>lincoln
>the menzingers
>milk teeth
>mom jeans
>modern baseball
>prince daddy and the hyena
>real friends
>incase we crash
and single song recs
>happy - don’t overdose and drive
>riley! - fight milk
>the pink spiders - modern swinger
>next year’s enemy - faceless
>good kid - nomu
>mannequin pussy - denial
>the losing score - alphabet soup
>carpool - erotic nightmare summer (salty song)
>single file - zombies ate my neighbors
>hit the lights - fucked up kids
>equipment- mulch
>smallpools - killer whale

Attached: 63226E96-6F9F-42A7-806E-DA486041601E.jpg (798x450, 434.62K)

blink is the only good band out of the late 90s/early 00s "pop punk" craze
probably because they started the whole wave and moved away from it fairly quickly

casually listening to this masterpiece:

youtube.com/watch?v=u38TqU5rAyk&ab_channel=blink182VEVO

Attached: tumblr_d02794bb5349fcd8716854ec38ebfe87_b1d657cb_1280.jpg (720x960, 71.98K)

for me it's alkaline trio

Three Cheers for Sweet Trips

absolutley excellent song and a real mystery to me that they put it on a live album as a single instead of an actual studio album

thanks for your input and neck deep has to be one of the best pop punk bands in my book, their first 2 eps are some of the most unique pop punk ive ever heard

goofball detected

Nothing brightens my day like a bit of Jeff Rosenstock
Mom Jeans is fucking dogshit. And post-hiatus FOB? Really?
You get points for the PUP love though. Check out Movement's album Feel Something. You'll probably dig it.

Attached: WORRY.jpg (1200x1200, 307.54K)

the only actually good pop punk made after 2004 Is Joyce Manor and PUP.
Menzingers, Front Bottoms, and Tigers Jaw are alright and deserve a mention, too, I guess

Blink is literally the first thing that comes to mind when someone says “pop punk”. They basically defined the genre. Either retard or a decent troll.

Yes, they moved into the emo genre which was SO much better

Paramore. Basic, I know. But I’m blinded by nostalgia since when I was first getting into pop punk, they were one of the first bands I listened to. I also had a crush on Hayley William when I was 11

They literally copied Green Day's blueprint with a bit of NOFX toilet humor thrown in. They didn't define anything