Name a more overrated musician

I fucking despise this band and it's cult-like fanbase

Attached: 98b9c4ac060ae9f4345b52036eaf85e6.jpg (500x489, 36.27K)

>got filtered by baby's first experimental band

Exmilitary, NLDW, NOTM, Steroids and Government Plates are some of the best records of the 2010's. Great writing, production and creative musicality. Don't even listen to them anymore as well.

I think they're rated pretty fairly. Have you considered that you're just a hater?

This. Their run from ExM to NoTM is fantastic.

death grips is le good

Niggas on the Moon is the most genius record since the 1990s. The musicianship mixed with bold creativity in song structure and sound design has yet to be matched. People often call it glitchy but that's objectively not true due to how each note was played by a live musician (Hill on electronic drums).

Stay filtered, try a different band.

>pick the wrong records

This is now a DG appreciation thread

Favorite record and why?

Also, what are your last.fm listens looking like if you use it?

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 4.21.11 PM.png (346x236, 99.66K)

>Welcome home s.. I mean, daughter

Attached: 100-gecs.jpg (2000x1270, 966.36K)

Death grips was possibly the only true exciting musical groups of the 21st century. Every artist you can compare to death grips unironically stands in their massive ass shadow they cast on the music industry. It's only over a decade after their first release that it's fully hitting me how much of geniuses they were and even though yes every music critic was sucking their dick they still operated heavily on the underground, confounding the industry and fans every step of the way.

Does anyone even give a single shit about them anymore. Mid 2010s meme band like filthy frank but less Funny

the duality of man

Tell me you can't handle extreme experimental music without telling me you can't handle extreme experimental music.

The duality of what?!

what do you listen to now, user

My favorite larp is when contrarians try and call Death Grips's music "pop" because it has hooks.

Hip Hop has forever worked under a verse hook verse hook structure since forever. Just because a band that typically uses elements from experimental music plays a traditional hip hop structure doesn't make it pop music.

Ok ill bite, The money store is a pop record

the powers that b is legit my favorite album of all time. exmilitary, tms, and yots are all great too. even the albums from them that i don't like as much have at least a few catchy bangers. i could probably write a book about tptb and why it's so amazing.

Embarrassing

it's not my favorite album of all time, but it's certainly my favorite hiphop album of all time, and it's not even close