This Legend is 90 as of this year

If you had to pick a favorite of his, what would it be? And if not a favorite, maybe perhaps an inspiration of his?

Here's my favorite by him:
youtube.com/watch?v=AYIwVBS7xko

And my favorite inspiration of his:
youtube.com/watch?v=QKOYgr-gWZE

Attached: John WIlliams.jpg (1000x562, 85.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_yRFdRM9mow
youtube.com/watch?v=wavqMkzTbQI
youtube.com/watch?v=JtRU8cMp0Nk
youtube.com/watch?v=OaN7779RDHs
youtube.com/watch?v=0GyGr0yMLrM
youtube.com/watch?v=MF1M8o6oM9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=fLk47vHF1og
youtube.com/watch?v=F7c119BsHCg&ab_channel=AlexandreDesplat-Topic
youtube.com/watch?v=10SWNWzGq1U
youtube.com/watch?v=LFzarPF9Abs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=_yRFdRM9mow
There was also a really cool shortened version of the Land Race used in the Treasure Planet Trailer which kept all of the most intense and triumphant parts of the soundtrack.

I would say ET.
youtube.com/watch?v=wavqMkzTbQI

Williams was inspired by many of the greats of the past, but Holst's the Planets was one most noticeably inspired. Though, he uses motifs a lot, and Beethoven was all about Motifs, as were many of the classics.

youtube.com/watch?v=JtRU8cMp0Nk

Attached: Williams in concert.jpg (650x220, 24.82K)

You don't need to start defending him. The contrarians aren't here yet.

IMO Superman is his best score all around, not just the main theme
youtube.com/watch?v=OaN7779RDHs

They can call him whatever he wants, his works speak for themselves. I want to make music and films that are just as triumphant, blazing trumpets, bombastic blockbuster joy to bring to all ages. With one awesome, independent film, I'll be remembered as amazingly as Williams for doing it all myself.

Superman's pretty great, I still remember hearing that theme for the first theme. It doesn't get more triumphant with Superheroes than Superman.

Shark Cage Fugue from Jaws.
Flight to Neverland from Hook.
Tons of stuff from Indy, probably go with the jungle trek/saving the child slaves music from Temple of Doom. My top 3 at the moment.

I just recently learned that Wally Stott (who did the orchestration for Scott Walker's solo albums in the 60s) wrote a decent amount of the music for the Empire Strikes Back, and I'm trying to figure out which bits. Maybe the part in Cloud City when Luke is quietly trailing the others in the corridor trying to catch up to them - it's the most non-Williams sounding part of the whole trilogy, I think.

His contemporary classical pieces and concertos are pretty amazing all on their own.
youtube.com/watch?v=0GyGr0yMLrM

I loved the Child Slave March, It was so triumphant, Williams really shined with his majestic composing here. It's pretty clear he was greatly inspired by Sousa's Marches, and of course, his origins in Millitary music and Jazz.

youtube.com/watch?v=MF1M8o6oM9Y

youtube.com/watch?v=fLk47vHF1og

The Adventures of TinTin: Secret of the Lost Unicorn was an excellent late work of Williams. Same goes for War Horse.

He's the only thing that's not soulless about star wars today.

I remember that trailer on television and on VCR. Good times, to hear it with high quality sound is even better.

>Is kino in your path

Attached: 81a6QU1urzL._SL1437_.jpg (1437x1437, 294.13K)

Harry Potter was another one of his successes, with exceptions to Despalt who wrote the soundtrack for the last movie.

>desplat
underrated post fren

youtube.com/watch?v=F7c119BsHCg&ab_channel=AlexandreDesplat-Topic

Has everybody forgotten the '96 Olympics, and Summon the Heroes? Williams shined that day.
youtube.com/watch?v=10SWNWzGq1U

They probably don't remember it, nor this.
youtube.com/watch?v=LFzarPF9Abs