Do you remember this music? Thoughts on it?

Do you remember this music? Thoughts on it?

Attached: 1661121180185026.jpg (720x899, 64.63K)

That’s all indie, it is the worst kind of music

why are millennials like this

a def leppard fan has no room to shit talk

Retarded faggots will never understand the cyclical nature of the type of music people will listen to. It may have been gay indie music but it'll come back

I remeber it, it was garbage, like a bunch of white hipsters trying to act lowerclass or like from the 1920s, i think of it as a response to the rise of dubstep, a real bad response

fucking stomp clap folk pop wads garbage, what the fuck happend to folk, it used to be bob dylan kino

Always confused me. I guess there was a market for “indie music” amongst casual music listeners at the time, the listeners just didn’t actually enjoy indie music, so they created this alternative radio friendly version. None of the bands were even independent.

ALABAMA ARKANSAS I SURE LOVE MY MOM AND PAW

i've gotten to the point of hearing old sublime, beastie boys, clash, the cars and a few other mediocre acts so much, and with 10's kino taken away, I'd take the lumineers, edwarde sharpe's and 1 mumford and sons song in a heartbeat. Shit grew on me. It's just indie folk. What's the difference of it, and old folk. Not much.

I still don't know why every indie group at the time dressed like a 1920s soda-jerk.

old folk

soul

indie folk

no soul

The problem is it’s neither indie nor folk

It was bad but even so, i did enjoy some of mumfords sons songs and edward sharpe songs, i say this as someone who considers themselves an elitist. We can recognize that soulless mimicry of great art sometimes produces pleasant results. They don't have much merit on their own as they're just cheap reproductions of something much better but they can entertain us.

both
i like

sure but i heard like many things when it was popular that were indie so i got a bit of both

It was the unconscious thrashing of a decade trying to find authenticity in its music, and some of it landed, but a lot of it became formulaic fashion like OP

IN MY SWEET
HOOOOOME
I BELONG WITH YOU
YOU BELONG WITH ME

Attached: 1651621602007.jpg (1920x1080, 807.67K)

I can hear the "TONIIIIIIIIIIGHT WEEEE ARE YOUNG" and the "I BELONG WITH YOU YOU BELONG WITH ME" from that picture

Attached: FaA1VZrWQAA_88N.jpg (720x544, 258.08K)

the TONIIGHT WE ARE YOUNG guy is jack antonoff who has produced/co-wrote pop artists like lorde and taylor swift and lana del rey for the past couple years
stomp clap clap hey music was more influential than people think

I can see his bulge... OwO

Tonight we are young is not really stomp clamp hey

God I hate both of those songs
>WE AREEEE YOUNGGGG SOOOO WE SET THE WORLD ON FIRe
Litterly been forever sense I heard it played but just a mention of it makes it play in my head and I hate it

Millennials have no taste

yeah I had completely forgotten about it for years until now lmfao it got played to death and memoryholed

Yah and it was memory holed for a reason

I belong to you
You belong to me
And my sweetheart

Happy by Pharrell is another one that deserves to be memory holed for good. I swear there's something evil and occult about that song.

YOU WILL OWN NOTHING