This has to be the funniest rock autobiography of all time

This has to be the funniest rock autobiography of all time.

Attached: Paul Stanley's face The Music.jpg (1600x2418, 715.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EZSMSj3iniU
youtube.com/watch?v=8VO61qN4tkk&t=462s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Spoonfeed me the funniest parts

It's 500 pages of "I was born with glass bones and paper skin" and my bandmates are troglodytes who should be taken out back and shot. All written with a very self-inflated ego. The entire audiobook is on yt. It's worth listening to.

i listened to the audio book on youtube to put me to sleep over the course of a few weeks. dude is hella obviously gay and talks so much shit about everyone he's ever worked with. he's in character as the prima donna star though so he gets a pass and is still the GOAT

There’s a youtuber named kiss audio who posts excerpts from the audiobook
youtu.be/EZSMSj3iniU

Let's be frank here:

1. Paul Stanley has always been very outspoken that he love the rock and roll lifestyle (sex, drugs, rock and roll) and has challenged his fans to pursue their own dreams along those lines.

2. Paul Stanley is only moderately talented, but EXTREMELY driven.

3. If you seriously expected Paul Stanley to write an autobiography that enlightened you about the meaning of life, YOU are the moron, not Paul Stanley.

the youtube clips of the audiobook are fucking hilarious

The part where he first meets Gene Simmons for the first time is hilarious. He hated him at first! He didn't like a lot of the songs he wrote and he thought he was an obnoxious asshole. Oddly enough, he ended up tolerating him because he's a "decent bassist" and "can be a good songwriter if he wants to".

I don't think they're good friends at all desu, considering in the early days when KISS were dirt poor they'd live in separate apartments (Gene would live with Ace, Paul with Peter Criss).

Not OP, I actually love Paul, it is a pretty entertaining and interesting book (I also listened to the whole thing on YT) and parts of it are pretty funny. Paul has a tendency to trash talk people and prop himself up. Is this deserved? Some of the time yeah, but it's still funny

Dave Mustaine's book is similarly funny, Dave rips into everybody he ever met but himself

Gene and Paul give me brotherly love/hate vibes, one part that is really funny is when he talked about throwing change in the street and Gene would run and pick it up

Attached: PAULSTCdfR1D2VIAAZnFX.jpg (808x1200, 247.43K)

Paul was always based. Underrated singer and songwriter too.

Ugly gay jew.

>Everyone in My Band Is a Selfish Money Grubbing Kike or a Drug Addicted Retard: Stanley ver.
I prefer the Gene edition.

>"When we were returning from Europe, Ace smuggled a bunch of knives into the country by taping them to the sides of a roadie case. I thought about how if airport security had found out, all our gear would have been impounded."

Does Gene talk shit on Paul too? Have only ever heard the Paul clips

He talks shit about everyone else like Paul does, but I can't remember anything specific. I just think it's funny how the bios are written similarly in just shitting on everyone but themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=8VO61qN4tkk&t=462s

Him talking shit about Ace is hillarious

>3. If you seriously expected Paul Stanley to write an autobiography that enlightened you about the meaning of life, YOU are the moron, not Paul Stanley.
There's always Bono's biography for that. Yes I've perused it, it's like reading War & Peace.

>hella gay
Yep, my first songwriting partner was gay and 80s Paul was frequently man monging on St. Marks and Christopher St.
>audiobook
Does he incorporate his wooooo, yeah, well alright in the book? Only the might it be worth a listen.

there's something to be said for rock star biographies like Paul Stanley's, Steven Tyler's, and Anthony Kiedis's where they don't try to claim they were anything more than dumb degenerate rock stars but without having read Bono's I can imagine what it's like. frankly the anedotes about fucking 14 year old groupies are more entertaining than the time I met the Pope and we discussed UNICEF or whatever bullshit is in there.

>Gene and Paul give me brotherly love/hate vibes

They have such an interesting dynamic.

One specific excerpt I recall.

>The '80s were a very dark time. During those years Europeans pretty much tuned out from American music completely. Everything was shoulder pads and giant hair and Madonna singing about being a material girl. Bob Dylan had fallen asleep and nobody but Bruce Springsteen was still singing about the things that mattered.

At least Lil Xan will die at 35 from a fent overdose so we won't have to worry about his memoirs coming out someday.

>2. Paul Stanley is only moderately talented, but EXTREMELY driven
yeah he could never stand how much of a lazy fuck Ace Frehley was. he had some talent but absolutely no work ethic or self-discipline. also he didn't like how lazy and tuned out Gene got in the 80s.