youtu.be/3yOi_1rptnU
youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>oxford comma
There's an "and" right there

dont forget The Dead Milkmen

youtube.com/watch?v=TCNVIsd0eKQ

They all need to form a supergroup.

Also I don’t care the the Oxford Comma. I prefer the colon. It has far more impact and can completely change a sentence. For example:
>Jack ate Jane’s sammich.
>Jack ate Jane’s colon.

what the fuck are you saying? do you know what the oxford comma is?

i agree user

never even knew this was another one of those jokey ones. i'll have to look into them. thanks for sharing

>oxford comma
He prob googled it and misunderstood it to be a comma in place of the word and. Not knowing it's that first comma.

Not really. When you use "and", the sentence normally ends. If you have to use commas even right before the sentence is about to end, it just feels grammatically wrong. "And" marks the end of consecutive things being described, so why use it?

>so why use it?
It's classy as fuck

Mothers of Invention were a great shitpost rock band. Can also had some quality shitpost moments

>discussion about the oxford comma
This truly is the faggiest board on Any Forums

ofc, you're here for a reason

Yeah because i like music

I'd put Zappa on the top of that list. If I had to choose from your options it would be Primus.

Primus were the most musically talented but Ween made the best songs

If you like music you would just be listening to it. You want to discuss it like the homosexual you are. It's fine user, we all do.

Probably Gibby Haynes most underrated project youtu.be/3yOi_1rptnU

It's an interesting comparison that makes sense in a way, but all of these artists are approaching absurdism/wackiness/whatever within different contexts and conceptual goals. Butthole Surfers were straight dadaist absurd performance-art-as-life freakniks with solid noise rock/ no wave adjacent thundery jammers. Swans with dick jokes and Lidsville.
Primus is a vehicle for Les Claypool to play bass, just like all those other bass virtuoso guys, except he has a knack for art and showmanship and knows how to tread his lyrical lane about folksy John Waters people and doesn't hobble the rest of his band, so the drum geeks and guitar players have something to listen to.
Ween is singer-songwriter music written by quirky nerds with short attention spans who aren't tied to a particular sound and can just keep on making good songs for the rest of their lives. Sorta the opposite of Weezer.
Someone mentioned Dead Milkmen. Dead Milkmen are a punk band and I don't think as intentionally conceptually goofy as the aforementioned, it's just what happens when a goofy goober is the lyricist for your punk band. They coulda had political lyrics or been all poppy love songs or whatever and it wouldn't have changed much about the band, imo.

I think Butthole Surfers have the *most amount* of art going on but Ween are better songwriters and Primus is basically just a youtube band with a guy who wears quirky hats.

the Oxford Comma is a leading comma before the last entry in a list. If you think it looks wrong, then you're an ESL shitskin,

"I have some apples, oranges, and bananas." You use the oxford comma to continue the pattern and it becomes more obvious the longer the list. "I have some apples, oranges, bananas, kiwis, watermelons, grapes, and many more!" That's why you use it.

Tl;dr ESL shitskins kill yourselves and native English speakers who don't know how commas work, you should kill yourselves too

Claiming the Violent Femmes over the list of MTV comicbook bands in the OP.

Attached: VF.jpg (1920x1080, 558.09K)

>native English speakers
You're calling for the death of all the 1st nations tribes there, professor.

Attached: Sioux-altar.jpg (609x424, 69.21K)

WHY IS THE WORLD IN LOVE AGAAAIN

Attached: E34DC3BF-4804-4FBD-AF9E-9BFEA6E6DC47.jpg (300x300, 17.63K)

big on Primus and Butthole Surfers not so much on Ween. what about Mr. Bungle? there was also this band King Missile

youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4

Why do the rules of English change, and how are those changes determined? Does the OED just decide on new vocabulary and syntactical rules? Or, are the speakers in charge of the language and the pedants forever trying to catch up?